At class,my teacher asked me to write a blog post about what I learned about Electromagnets and what are some questions about magnets I have. First I will tell you what I learned about Electromagnets and then I will tell you what questions I have.
- Electromagnets are temporary magnets,that means if you do not put the Electromagnet together correctly or disconect one part, the Electromagnet will not function right. That would also mean,when you disconect any little part it would stop the power from flowing.
- You must wrap the wire all the way on the bolt to make a good,strong magnet.Be careful to not over lap the wire!
- Electromagnets are like regaular magnets,electromagnets and magnets both pick up/attract to metal objects.
- How do magnets attract to metal objects?
- What is one of the strongest magnets in the world?
I think this was really fun!
In class I made an Electromagnet with my science group. Our job was to make a Electromagnets,We used a piece of insulated wire,a bolt, a battery and a battery holder.These are the steps we followed:
- First we rapped the wire around the bolt,we had to be very careful to not overlap the the wire over the bolt or our electromagnet will not work.
- Next we got a battery holder and a battery and put the battery in the battery holder.
- Then we clipped the wire to the battery holder,after that we got paper clips and tested the magnet we made.
- Test your magnet and have fun!
Overall I think this is a really fun project!
Magnets have a north and south side. If you put the south side with another south side they will repel. That would be the same if you put a north side with a north side,it will repel.If you put a south with a north,it will attract.
Some magnets are not as strong as other magnets. Sometimes a magnet is so strong that we can’t pull it apart!I learned that gravity acts a lot like a magnet because it keeps us down,but gravity is not a magnet,it is a force.
At class (in stations) we experimenting with magnets/magnetic things and iron dust.We used See Think and Wonder sheets to jot notes(what we see, what we think and what we wonder).
We played around in each station for 10 minutes but each station only felt like 1 second! Then it was clean up time.Cleaning up was not that good. Some people were still experimenting. Overall I think learning about magnets was AWESOME!
I jumped and hopped I was so excited! “Mom will we be having a picnic at the beach?”I asked excited. “Yes,NOW grab your backpack and then head to that wonderful beach!”I stuffed my buckets and shovels into my backpack. My mom put raisin bread in a box and put the box in a bag. I threw my backpack over my shoulder and skidded out of the hotel room with my mom right behind me. I ran and jumped and sang songs as I went out of the hotel. I already knew this was going to be AMAZING!
I hopped and tagged along the cracked sidewalk. As we arrived to the promised beach. I ate homemade raisin that my mom packed. I ate slice after slice of raisin bread. Delicious! I went and made a sand castle. Plus I even added a seaweed flag to it and perched it on the very top! But finally I wanted to look for sea shells!
So I said “Bye” to my mom and dad and ran to the ontouched sand to look for sea shells. It was hard! Suddenly I spotted a man dumping 3 out of 4 buckets of shells!I ran and picked up every shell he dumped out! It was so fun! In the end I even picked up one HUGE sea shell that people claim that you could hear the ocean! Overall this was one of the best vacations ever!