This is my second project. This time my project is on Scratch so it is a little different. I customized it a bit after completing the tutorial so it was different. I made the back round change when you click it. If you click the person it will say “Hi I am Jackie and I love dress up.” It will also make the pieces of clothing say what they are when you click them. The shirt, you learned how to changed its color in the tutorial so I didn’t change that.
It’s a bit more complex then the first project since I added things but I can still improve. Since I have two more projects to do I will probably do two more scratch since I can get more creative with the tutorial. Overall I think it was a good project but I can do better still.
This is my first project on Tynker. It is quite simple and easy but I still like it. I followed the tutorial so it was pretty easy as the tutorial had every step and I just had to follow them. I used the original characters and back round to make it easier and so I didn’t really have to make it a different theme even though I probably could have.
Next project I will probably try to make my project more complex and fun. I will also probably use scratch instead so I have a verity of projects and I don’t have to worry about not doing a scratch project at the last minute. I also will try to do one every week since it is due soon.
If you click the characters it resets their dance moves!
When we started we had to pick a debate project. My group (Caitlyn, Kevin, Sam and I) was the first picked and we chose should we be more focused on underwater exploration or space exploration?
We focused on researching. At first I thought we should explore underwater. I soon changed my mind. When we started to prepare for our first debate everybody wanted to be on space side. Sam wasn’t there so we all researched space.
When we started practicing debating we switched around a lot though Sam was always on oceans side. When it came to our first finale debate it was me and Caitlyn against Kevin and Sam.
The first time we debated there wasn’t a camera so we don’t have a video. Some of our feedback was be louder, be more passionate, your first reason doesn’t make sense, more rebuttals etc.
We had a lot to work on…
Since some of our feedback was we needed better rebuttals we did some research. It took a lot of time but eventually we had better rebuttals for all of their reasons.
We only had time to practice once and it didn’t go well. We kept getting distracted and we didn’t even finish.
Here is our debate-
I think I was a little nervous and also fiddled a lot. Also Sam had done his first two reasons before we did our first. Overall I think it was a success!
Now we were at Caitlyn’s house. It was good because we got another time to meet before the project was due but bad because we had to rebuild most of the Rube Goldberg project.
We did and we used finished the project by using plastic water bottles and toilet paper to finish it up. Finally we could start filming. It was frustrating because it usually failed at the domino part so we had to rebuild them over and over again.
We finally got a success! except it wasn’t a very good video so we decided to film another success. A few tries later and we had done it. Barbara wasn’t here because she was sick but she did the editing. Our Rube Goldberg was done!
We had almost finished building the project. It was frustrating since all the dominoes kept falling down but we did it. Almost. It was at a corner and we didn’t know what to do. Barbara and I had to go soon so Hana said she would finish it.
We had already done a lot. A marble will go down a PVC pipe which will fall down a wooden marble track set which will send the marble down the plastic tracks knocking into a domino trail that hits a train that goes down train tracks to hit a bottle of something.
We had reached that far with building, on our plan it said the bottle hit toilet paper that hit another bottle that hit a container of candy which dumps the candy in the jar of candy. Hana promised she would try to film it but I was still worried.
After planning we had to start building. We had already built a lot so we started adding. Then Hana’s dad came and said maybe we should put all the steps onto boxes. We followed the advice but that meant we had to start rebuilding.
So we started rebuilding again. This time it was harder because it meant we had to stack boxes so they were equal to each other. It was not exactly equal so we stacked mini plastic coins on top of each other to make it even. It was hard but eventually we had made a lot of progress.
We started thinking about a zipline again but we didn’t know how to do it without taking the paint off the wall. We tried using a cardboard box but it kept falling over when we let the thing go down. We again we knew it would be very hard to do so we just gave up on the idea.