For Capstone we had to do an interview related to our topic. I decided to do two interviews. One was with Westport makerspace librarian, Margret Pastel, and the other was with Eileen Corbett, a Scarsdale children’s librarian. Today i’m going to be focusing on Margret Pastel.
I was really nervous about this interview because it was my first and it was in person so I couldn’t hide behind the camera. Unfortunately there was a lot of traffic so when we got there we were an hour late. When we got there she gave me a mini tour of the makerspace lab. We saw somethings they had made in the makerspace and we also saw 4 3d printers, and two of those were working. This eased my nervousness a little but I was still really nervous when it was time for the interview.
Here were the interview Question I asked:
- Does your job only concentrate on books or has it gone into technology?
- How has technology affected being a librarian (training/responsibilities)?
- How has technology affected how often people visit the library?
- How has technology affected why people visit the library?
- What do you think of electronic reading devices?
- How does where a library is located geographically (i.e., urban vs. suburban vs rural) affect the amount/level of technology in a library?
- How have computers helped efficiency in the library?
- What are the main advantages of increased technology in libraries?
- What are the main disadvantages of increased technology in libraries?
- How do you personally feel about added technology in libraries?
I got less nervous as the interview went on but it was still nerve-racking when she asked me a question. I gathered a lot of information from this interview and I was really happy about it. If I was to do this interview again I would try to be louder and confident.