Launching and Graphing Rocket #2

In this blog post I will be talking about our launch of rocket #2, and graphing it. Since it was the 2nd time doing everything, it went a lot quicker than the 1st launch because we now knew that we should get more people to get videos of the launch. For graphing, it was a lot faster because we already knew how to do it, so we didn’t need explaining. Also, we didn’t mess up the graphing as much. So now I’ll tell what happened during all of this.

 

At our 2nd launch, I was the rocket launcher, and the rocket retriever. Again, I wanted to be the countdown master, but I was a least the retriever which is one of the things I wanted to be. I think that our rocket went really high, but the clinometer readers for our group said that it wasn’t as high as I thought it was. It went lower than our 1st rocket though. Our rocket went at least the 3rd highest. I think it went the highest but I’m not sure. I think that when I was a clinometer reader, I got it perfect. I also think that it’s fun being a clinometer reader. My group didn’t really argue at all, and it was easy to figure out what jobs each person was going to be.

 

The clinometer readers on the field said that our rocket went 36 meters high, and the clinometer readers opposite them said that our rocket went 42 meters high. When we used the graphing chart, we ended up seeing that our rocket went 41.5 meters. When we used a computer to convert it into feet, we saw that it went 136 feet high. For rocket #3, we are changing the fins to bigger fins. This is because we know that our nose cone is very good, and we have tried both types of bodies, and we think that if we make the fins bigger, then the air will repell off the rocket more. My team didn’t argue at this stage, and we agreed on everything, so that made it easier.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *