We just launched our second rocket I am proud of it. I am kind of upset because it didnt go as high as we wanted it to go but I am hopeful that our third rocket will be amazing. I think that everyone in our class did pretty well. We made our fins bigger wich I cant tell if it helped or not.
Our rocket was blue and white. I think we may have focused a lot on looks then on the structure.Our group did fight but it was about small stuff so it was fine. My job was a pumper I pumped the the bike pump up to 50 PSI. It wasnt a very fun job in my opinion,but it wasnt terrible. I wanted to be Count Down Master but that job was taken by another person in my group. I hope that I will be able to be the Count Down Masteer for the next launch.
I am really excited for our next launch. For our launch we got second highest in our class, and I am really proud of my group
We finally got to our last rocket,rocket three. I am so excited to tell you all about it. I am sad that this unit is almost over but it has been so much fun.
For our rocket it is called the “Lemon And Lime” rocket. At first we had the same colors as our last rocket which were Blue,Black and white. We changed it because another group had the same colors. Our colors of our rocket are now Yellow and green. Later after we finished making the body we realized ANOTHER group had the same color but we decided to just keep our rocket the way it was.
I think that this was the best designing process we have had because there was really no arguing in our group which is rare. I am really proud of our group. The only tiny thing was two people wanted the same job but we resolved it. The way we resolved it was by me holding a number behind my back and the two people guessing my number,whoever got closest to the number got the job.
I am really excited to see how our last launch goes. I hope it goes really well because this is our final launch,plus our parents are coming to watch us launch our rocket.
When we started building our rocket it was going really well, I think that our final design turned out well I don’t know what we could have done to make it amazing. Now I will explain how the process works.
We were told that we could only change one thing about our rocket. The thing we would change about our rocket was our fins. We made the fins bigger and we put them higher, we also put three fins instead of 4. We used four fins on our other rocket. I think that
I think that I have a few things I would change about our rocket. I would say that maybe we should have done a thick body because then more air would go into it, and it might have gone higher. Also maybe we should have kept the fins the same size and put four fins again. I feel that our rocket wasn’t our best work.
Overall I enjoyed the process of making it and if there were a third launch there are many ideas i have and I wish we could use them!
Our first launch we learned a lot. It was not very successful but we had a second chance and we fixed it and then it was the third highest int the class!
Our first rocket launch ever was not the best. Our nosecone fell off and one of our fins came loose. I think that maybe we should have spent less time arguing about the colors and more time about how stable it is and if we think there is something else we could add to it to make it even better.
Once we had the chance to fix it we used more for glue wich definitely helped. First we made a new nosecone, then I hot glued it on and then we taped it. That definitely helped. For the loose fins we hot glued the top and the bottom.
I think that next launch we have a lot of things we could do better. Maybe we could make the nosecone a little more skinny, and the fins bigger and more up the body.
I am really excited to see how our next launch goes and if we made enough improvements to get our rocket to be the one that went the highest.
In class we have been working as a team to create our first rocket design. The process has been difficult because you have to agree with everyone in your group, there are four people in my group. Our group name is Blast Off!!!
Our first design had four fins a narrow body and a nosecone. We used tape to keep the paper body together, and we also used tape to keep the nosecone onto the body. We hot glued the fins onto the body, our nosecone was made out of paper, our fins were made out of cardboard and the body was made with paper.
We used a narrow tube and covered it with paper, but we made sure that it could slip out of the paper that is how we shaped our body. With our fins we traced a triangle onto paper and then put it on top of the cardboard and cut four triangles. For our nosecone we used materials from the classroom the were circular, and we traced them and then cut them out. When we finished doing that we folded it in half and cut a line down the center and then rolled it and it made a nosecone.
I think that making the rocket was a super fun project. It used a lot of creativity and I can’t wait to make another one.