Designing and building


Now that we had finished our inspiration boards we were ready to start prototyping. ¬†After looking at some designs we decided we were going to with a bottle rocket that with three fins and a three d printed nose cone. It was a struggle making a nose cone but we got it done. From that I learned that you can’t go with the first thing you see. I had to go through 4 or 5 different designs before I ¬†found the one I chose. We decided on our wings being 6in that is bigger than what most groups do but we thought bigger would help to put more weight. Over the past couple of days I have thought we have made big progress. We had a bit of a set back when we duck taped our wings all around but then you wouldn’t be able to glue them to the bottle. Our first launch is coming upon us and the only thing we have to do is get our nose and were set for Monday. Overall I am ecstatic with the way things have turned out. If you told me a week ago that we would be ready to launch I would have told you no shot.

 

Today we put the final touches on our rockets

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back To Top
Skip to toolbar