So first off, I think that it will be hard because well I’m working alone so I will have to do all the work and setting up and measuring etc, also building will take longer because it is only me setting this whole thing up. Second I think that it will be easier in some ways like I wont have to decide who will do what and this person wanted to do that etc. Also if someone got sick then what would what we do but lucky for me I don’t have to decide that because I don’t have a partner/s. But if it doesn’t work the first time (which I don’t think it will work on the first time) I will have to set it up all over again. Well now you know the ups and downs of building alone that I think will happen while I’m working on building the machine in the future.
So I thought originally to ring a bell as the thing I wanted to accomplish for my Rube Goldberg, but then I thought wait could I do something more practical. This was a challenge because there was not a wide variety of things to choose from what I was thinking of so I came up with the idea of getting a ball into a bin. My bins are going to be rectangular baskets and best of all I can use most of the same steps that I was going to use for my first idea and it also has the same amount of steps which is good because the minimum is 8 steps but I have more, that is good so I don’t have to think of a whole different plan. The process required a lot of research, I spent a couple hours after school one day. So basically I had to make some changes to the original and some challenges occurred and the process was hard.
Oh man we had a lot of decisions being made during our Rube Goldberg project so far. For example I had to decide what my goal was going to be I chose to ring a bell. Then I had to decide my steps which was hard because I needed at least 8 steps but I got through now we have to decide what order they would be in but I got past.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hTxIcMumcFB0fGDKAskekHLLAvGMOAO1/view This a link to my podcast
The process for making my podcast was really hard and we had to first decide what topic we were going to talk about. Then we had to write our script and rehearse a lot so we could get it right when we recorded. After that we recorded and that’s when our practice cane in handy. it was hard to get a sound box and a microphone because there were 20 of us and only 4 microphones so we had to record and the give the tech to other people. last but not least we had to edit and fix our recording. There some challenges during this period of time one was getting a good recording, another one is that we had to add music, and finding the right music that we liked and also getting our script long enough we had to make sure our script was at least 2 mins long. In conclusion there were multiple steps that we had to finish and challenges along the way but we’re excited to make more podcasts!