When I found out we were going to be making rockets, I was so excited! I found out my group was: Mia, Micah and Tom. First, we would have to design our rockets. We agreed on most of it but some of it we did not agree. We first designed our rocket on a big piece of paper. We kept changing the fins and the shape until it was right. We pretty much agreed we were ready to start listing possible materials for our rocket. We wanted to have a light rocket, so we chose: cardstock, thin cardboard and coloured tape. We wanted a thin body. Our fin design had a flat body, to be sturdier. We took a long time designing. We made an inspiration board so that we won’t forget our ideas. There was no right or wrong. We had done some research the past few days so we put it all on the board.
I waited for the day to build our rocket, and it finally came! We used our inspiration board. On our inspiration board it had different designs for each part of the rocket (body, fins, and nosecone). We had PVC pipes to mold our rocket around. Our first rocket was too tight on the top and too wide on the bottom. We quickly made a new one and it was just right. Mia made the nose-cone and Micah made the fins. Tom and I made the body. Altogether, we glued our fins down. We used hot glue… HOT! We finished! Now we have to launch it…..