We are learning to make an automaton. These automatons work by turning a crank and then something moving causing something else to move. I am making an automaton that is also a switch so I will turn a crank causing the light to turn on.


I now have my circuit, pipes, and holes in my pipes. Now I have to put the circuit in the pipes and put it all together. I had a little problem along the way; my wires were not long enough so to fix this problem I cut my pipes shorter to make it so my wires were long enough. At the end my flashlight worked perfectly.

Drill Pressing

Yesterday was my first time using a drill press the hardest part was getting the pipe in the perfect spot to drill the hole. Once the pipe was in the right spot, it was easy to drill a hole in it. It was really cool when the strands of pipe wrapped around drill and spun out everywhere.

Circuit Soldering

I have just finished soldering my circuit in my flashlight. It was easier than I expected it to be once I got the hang of it. First I had to cut all my wires for my circuit then I had to solder them to the lightbulb and  the switch and the battery.


I soldered for the first time, the hardest part of it was getting my arms on the body in the spot that I wanted with the third hands. The third hands kept on moving a little so the arms kept on moving out of the spot where I wanted them. It was really cool once I got the arms in the right place, I liked when I put the solder to the wire and then all the smoke came up.


self driving cars

In technology we have been learning about self driving cars. We have learned about the technology they use and how they are able to change direction. We are creating three switches so we can control a car to tell it to go forward, right or left. Each switch will tell the car to do a certain thing so then we can make the car go down the road safely, avoiding the obstacles by using the switches.


On monday we learned to make a working circuit. The parts we needed were a battery, wires, a switch , and a lightbulb. The hardest part about this was attaching the wires to the switch, because we had to try to stick the wires under the screws to conduct electricity.