That is a video of my circuit in action. In order to get the pieces to stick together we had to solder them together using a wire and a soldering iron which is INCREDIBLY hot! Soldering this was much harder than soldering charms (see post #3.) This time there was a specific process we used:
- Solder negative wire 1 to battery,
- Solder that wire to your switch
- Solder your other negative wire (#2) to the switch
- Solder negative wire #2 to the LED light
- Solder your positive wire to the LED light
- Solder your positive wire to your battery
You have a circuit!
I had a lot of trouble doing this, my first time I thought I melted the switch so I would have to de-solder the wires, but when Mr.Calvert came to give me a new switch he informed me that that was not problem. The real problem was that I had soldered the negative wire to the positive side of the LED and vise-versa! So to fix this problem I de-soldered the wires and soldered them to the correct sides.