Plants: Day #1

Our class is studying plants. We were wondering if the plant would grow even with different soil? We thought that we could add rocks to our plant instead of soil. My Control plant has 4 flowers, 34 buds and is 15 cm tall. My Manipulated plant has rocks instead of soil and has 0 buds, 4 are dead and it is 4 cm tall.


My Control plant has been changing. It started off as 2 ½ cm, 3 cm, 4 cm, 6 cm, 13 cm, 14 cm then 15 cm.

My Manipulated plant started off as 1 cm and then still 1 cm the next day, then 2 cm, 3 cm and then 4 cm in the next two days. My Control compared to my Manipulated shows that the Control has grown more. The rocks is not working out as a change for the soil, I wonder why?


Maglev Day 2

Maglev Day 2


We used strip magnets for the car and track. We used 2 magnets for the car and 8 for the track. We had 2 at first on the track, but then we put 6 more to increase the magnetic field. We needed to make it repel so we put each magnet on the north side.

Along the way at the end, our car failed by tipping over. We learned from our fail that the more magnets, the bigger magnetic field. We changed the track by putting more magnets. We kept trying and finally we made it levitate.


The Engineering Design Process (EDP) is… Frustrating, Never ending and it made me realize that failure is okay. I learned that working in a group means Teamwork. Teamwork means… being nice, encouraging each other and combining ideas, =  better!

Maglev Day 1



A Maglev train is a train that moves by magnetic levitation. It works because on the tracks, there are magnets and that makes the train levitate, so it repels.


My group’s idea was putting 2 strip magnets on the tracks and 5 disc magnets on the train.


Sadly, nothing worked on Friday. 🙁


Our track was not even but it was levitating but not moving, so we are going to change the disc magnets to strip magnets for the train.


Chloe and Greta gave me feedback because I was not there.