Now that my group and I finished our Rube Goldberg machine and recorded the success, we finally got to relax a bit. The only problem is that I am nervous about sharing the video to the whole class. My group and I worked very hard to make the machine. It was hard to meet up because most of the time someone was always busy. Overall, I think our group did okay compared to other groups, because we barely got to meet.
For our Rube Goldberg, we managed to finish the sketch on Google Docs online. Mason and I used hangouts to video call each other, so we could communicate more quickly and more efficiently, than just using the comments to chat about what we are going to include for our Rube Goldberg. I think that it will take us a long time to record a successful run for our machine, because it is complicated.
For our Rube Goldberg meet, we finished the machine, and recorded the successes and fails. My group (Mason, Rick, Me) and I met for only 3 times and we got a success recorded. When the final step was successful, we extremely happy because it took lots of tries to record a successful run-thru. Overall I think this project is really challenging because you have to cooperate with your group and decide what to include in your machine.
For our third Rube Goldberg, we finished the sketch. We didn’t actually meet in person, but Mason and I video called each other, to finish the sketch. Our sketch is on Google Drawings and is OK, I guess. We are all set for building our machine, and we are all excited to record our successes and fails.
For our second Rube Goldberg meet, we discussed our sketch and what part of our machine was going to look like. I think this project is really hard to do because it may be hard for your group to meet. My group (Mason, Rick, Me) and I decided that since we can’t meet too often, we will try to make the most of it in one meet.
We included different materials in our machine. We included Dominoes, Tubes, Cardboard Paper Rolls, Mini Hoop, Car, Marbles, and etc.
This project is really hard because our machine might fail multiple times, and we have to record our successful attempt.
For the Rube Goldberg project, my group (Mason, Rick, Me) and I met at Mason’s house on Sunday, January 8th. We discussed how we are going to build our Rube Goldberg invention. But first, we had to do the sketch, and it was really hard to think of what to do because we had to draw all of it out. I think that there are going to be lots of failures for our invention, and not that many successes. My group and I work together pretty well because we have creative ideas and get things done quickly.