About a week ago I did my interview with Dan Cosley, he is an Associate Professor, Information Science at Cornell. I think that I learned a lot from him and I thought he would be a good person to interview because I found an article he worked on, here is the link to the article: https://www.cis.cornell.edu/cornell-research-study-shows-how-snapchat-changing-way-we-share-information. This article also helped me come up with my main inquiry question. Here are the questions I asked:
- How is Snapchat a different way of communicating?
- Has Snapchat affected other communication apps and why?
- What part of this app do people like best and what is the reason for this?
- Is Snapchat just a temporary app/thing or do you think it will become the next iMessage?
- What section of the app do people find most useful for communicating and why is it useful?
- How do people use Snapchat to advertise?
- What has helped Snapchat become so popular?
- How do kids express themselves and communicate at the same time through Snapchat?
- Does Snapchat advertise on other social media platforms, which ones and why?
- What kind of app would you consider Snapchat?
If I could do my interview with him over again I think that I would ask him questions that he would be able to answer more because some of my questions he wasn’t able to answer. My favorite question that I asked was “How is Snapchat a different way of communicating?” I liked this question because it was very powerful and there wasn’t one single response. There were a bunch of different things that contributed to answering this question and he left it for me to wrap it all up. Overall I am very happy with the interview I did and I think it went very well.