January 31

Overall Thoughts and Feelings – Rube Goldberg #7

Through out this project I have felt very different emotions. When we were designing I just wanted to start building and was very impatient. When it was time to build it was annoying because not everything that we wanted worked well with each other. When we were testing the Rube Goldberg I got frustrated because it didn’t work every time. The filming part wasn’t that hard although it was kind of hard t0 speak about the Rube Goldberg and how it works. Editing was super annoying because it took a long time to make everything look good and to make sure every thing was correct when it came to grammar.

In the end everything worked out and looked good. I was a little stressed during the time of the actual project but now that my work is completed I feel happy about what I have done and I know that now I can just enjoy watching the video. I personally thought that the project was kind of stressful, but it was also fun. During the project I was thinking when will we be done with this Rube Goldberg, but now I am happy to say that I really enjoyed this project and I would probably do something like this again. I am happy that I did it and I think that it was a great learning experienced for me! And here is our final iMovie video:

 

 

 

 

 

January 30

Overall Collaboration

During this project I think Dani and I worked very well together. Whenever we came to a spot where disagreed we compromised or tested both ideas out and used the one that worked better. We only argued once and the answer to the argument was found quickly. I have always know that Dani and I worked well together, but I never thought we would argue as little as we did.

I am happy we didn’t argue that much because if we did we wouldn’t get that much work done. Since we worked so well together we finished the project quickly and it still looked good and worked well. When we argued it happened during the building and designing part of the project. I expected that we would argue the most during this time because I knew with the ideas and we wouldn’t agree with every thing the other person thought should be in the machine.

Something that helped us was videos and articles. We got inspired by them and that helped us to come up with steps. We think that this caused us to barley argue because when we saw or read about something that worked well we got excited and tried to recreate their idea to make it our own.

Like I said in the begining we worked super well together and that helped us have a great Rube Goldberg and to have an amazing project overall!

 

 

January 18

Building – Rube Goldberg 3

Dani and I started to  build around the time we started to sketch which was the end of our first meeting and beginning of our second. We started building by making a few different pieces we could use. We made these pieces out of Tinker Toys. The first thing we built was the very last step because that was the step we were 100% sure that would be in the Rube Goldberg. After the last step was built we built the first step because Dani and I figured once we get the first and the last things done then it would be easier. We figured it could be easier because then we could fill in the middle with other cool things  and use the first and last steps as guidelines. We did most the building the second and third day. Since we already had the last and first steps built is was pretty easy because we just built on. All we need to do to finish building is, connect one more thing and figure out what levels things should be on. We think that we work well together and we have gotten pretty far in a short amount of time so we don’t think that it will be much harder to build the rest.  We are excited to learn many other cool things about Rube Goldberg machines.

January 18

Sketching – Rube Goldberg 2

When Dani and I met for the first time we didn’t really know where to start or what we were going to do. The only thing we knew was our task. We started to kind of piece together the last step and how it would work because it was the only thing we were sure we were going to do. This is all we really got done the first time we met. The second time we met we were determined to finish the last part of the sketch. We started to discuss ideas for the first part of the machine. By the third time we met we had already gotten part of the sketch done and we even started building part of the Rube Goldberg machine. We finished the rest of the sketch the third time we met. Overall I thought the sketching part of the project was pretty hard because to me it is hard to sketch something if I don’t have anything to sketch which is part of the reason we started to build the machine. We are happy with our sketch and think we will be able to follow it because it is practical and clear. We think we might need to revise it a little so, The sketch looks something like the machine.