On Monday we investigated and learned about electromagnets. See the attached video how to make an electromagnet. We made one in class too.
We discovered many things about them:
- What happens to the electromagnet if you disconnect one of the wires from the battery?
- What’s the fewest coils of the wire that it takes to pick up a single paper clip?
- What things are attracted to a permanent magnet, such as a refrigerator magnet? Are these same things also attracted to the electromagnet?
- Are there any differences between what the permanent magnet and the electromagnet can do?
- Under what conditions were your electromagnets the strongest?
Let’s learn more from the BrainPop video below.
- Click on the link and watch the whole video, then post something new that you learned.
- Remember to write with correct spelling and punctuation.
- Try to post something different from your peers too.