Good Morning 3D! Let’s have Fun Friday!
Please watch this morning message first. It is VERY IMPORTANT to watch the full morning message. I discuss a lot of today’s work and give many helpful directions.
Please remember to visit the specials websites: Heathcotegateway E-Learning option
Questions? Continue to use your gmail to email me
Zoom B Schedule Today:
Instrumental ~ 10-10:15
Isaac’s birthday ~3D bookclubs ~ 11-12 ~ Please bring a joke to share for Isaac ~ Be prepared to discuss your book club book.
Library Broadcast (optional) – 2:30 pm – Mrs. Sorenson will read a book to you
SUMMER BIRTHDAYS: Isaac (8/7), Ayan (8/13):
Let’s celebrate Isaac’s birthday today, and Ayan’s birthday 6/15
Happy summer birthday Isaac! Please bring 5 jokes to celebrate Isaac.
REMINDERS: ALL VIDEOS ARE PAST DUE FOR YOUR TRAILERS
- You will need to share your video with me to approve
- Once approved you will put it in your 3D trailer folder
- Mr. Casal will upload it to YouTube
- The tutorial and directions to do this are posted on yesterday’s blog. I added directions from Youtube to padlet at the bottom of this post.
- By the end of today– All trailers and stories should be posted on the 3rd Grade Padlet. I will not be available after 3pm to help. You are expected to complete this by 3pm today. Please get started first thing today.
Some notes about next week:
- Monday’s Zoom at 11am we will celebrate Ayan’s summer birthday ~ we will share 5 jokes
- Tuesday’s Zoom – Instead of office hours I will add a zoom day to celebrate and highlight our fantasy book trailers with students #1-9.
- Wednesday’s Zoom we will highlight #s 10-19 fantasy book trailers and Mr. Casal will join us to troubleshoot any publishing to Padlet.
- Thursday’s Zoom: We will first sign in at 10:30 with our buddies (I will send a link) for the book of the month shared by Ms. Stile. All students are invited to wear sunglasses, a hat and a favorite summer outfit as we say good bye to each other for the summer. We will then join our regular zoom link at 11am to have a 3D Farewell Party! We will say goodbye to each other. You will be 4th graders on this day!
Virtual Classroom Day!
The Virtual Classroom is back for the last time! All of the links for your lesson work is on these slides. Be sure to watch the introductory video to learn how to access and navigate this classroom.
- Click to enter the Grade 3 Google Classroom
- You will notice there are 5 rooms. One introductory room and one classroom for each teacher. There are links inside each of the rooms to various activities. Click everywhere! You’ll be surprised how many NEW links are hidden 🙂
- You will have to Log in to websites like IXL, Brainpop and Epic.
There are three REQUIRED activities today:
- Watch the lesson video about Manhattan:
- In this video you will learn about the different landmarks and attractions in the borough, Manhattan. Today, we will focus on Midtown and Chelsea. There are many links within your slides to visit today or another day to enrich your understanding about these wonderful places that are so close to Scarsdale.
- Go to www.scarsdaleschools.org/discoveryeducation: Sign in with your username and password as usual.
- This will lead you to a page with your name on it with assignments.
3. You will see two videos assigned to you New York’s Bagels and Lox and Planning Manhattan’s Grid
OPTIONAL LINKS on Slides:
- Math Lesson found in Mrs. Luciano’s classroom. Click on the video on the Smartboard. This video will give you information on how to access and complete all of the activities for today for math.
Today you need to post your trailers to 3D Book Trailers once they are shared and approved by me first. Watch the video below to find out how to publish to the padlet. Yesterday’s blog post shows the tutorial from start to finish. This video shows you how to post your Youtube video to padlet.
**Note Mrs. Luciano talks about 3L folders in her video, but we, of course, will be doing everything with 3D.**
- Directions on are this document.
- Grab your trailer from this playlist 3D:
- If you do not see your video, it is because it was not uploaded to the 3D Book Trailers before 4 pm yesterday. Please do so now so that we can get it done today:)
- Post the PDF of your fantasy story if it has been approved, as well as the trailer to this Padlet: 3rd Grade Fantasy Padlet
The rest of the activities are yours to choose. Maybe go on a scavenger hunt? Can you find these items? There are many more than what is listed. Have fun! (add hints to your links!)
- A NEW survey
- A mysterious Mars
- A read-aloud
- Rubber bands
- A rollercoaster
- Solve Me Mobiles
- Math Xplosion Video
- Secrets of The Statue Of Liberty
- Ride the Cyclone
- A book on Hip-Hop
- Tour the NYC subway
Cursive: Capital U (p99)
You can use your handwriting workbook to complete this work. Please take a picture and insert it in your June elearning slideshow. Please watch the tutorial to help with your formation of capital U. You may need to watch the video more than once and then skywrite. Complete workbook page p 99.