Good Morning 3D! Let’s have a wonderful Wednesday!
Please watch the morning message first. Then read the post carefully for details.
Please remember to visit the specials websites: Heathcotegateway E-Learning option
Questions? Continue to use your gmail to email me
Zoom Schedule Today:
NO ZOOM today~I will be at Heathcote packing
Library Broadcast (optional) – 2:30 pm – Mrs. Sorenson will read a book to you
Use the new June E-Learning Slideshow in your S.S. folder as well. Please use this for the remainder of the month.
Writing: Paying attention to the middle
Third grade writer’s today’s work is all about the details. You will be reaching back into prior lessons, using mentor texts, and Pixar videos. All that you have been learning to do as a writer, will be put to use today. There is nothing to hand in today, however you should be starting to type your story (or ask someone to help you type) as it is easier to share with classmates that way. We will be publishing next week! Wahoo!
- Watch the introductory video
- Review any prior lessons if needed
- Write the middle of your story, paying close attention to the details
- Type your story (or ask someone to help you)
Slides are in your writing folder too: Imaginative Narrative #8 Slides
Watch this video before you write today: Imaginative Narrative Part 5
READ: PADLET DAY~ Read your fantasy book for 20-30 minutes
Remember to have 1 cover uploaded to your padlet and write across all of the columns, not just one column. Also, it is important not to report but to think deeply about your book. If one person reports something (for example character names) , then you should add to the post your thoughts and text evidence to support your thinking about those characters.
Everyone in the group should not repeat the setting:
- Think about why the author chose the setting?
- How does the setting affect your characters?
- Why is the setting important?
When listing the problems, the same is true. Don’t repeat the same problem your club members already posted. Instead add on to your partners posts and either agree or disagree, but provide more text evidence in your thinking. Your posts should reflect 15-20 minutes of thinking to receive excellent participation credit.
CURSIVE: Complete by Friday~ Please put in May E-learning Slideshow
Please watch the two videos to help with your formation of C, D, E. You may need to watch the videos more than once and then skywrite.
Please print and complete D, C, E cursive pages: Take a picture and insert in May E-Learning Slideshow.
SPELLING: WORDS THEIR WAY
Please look at your new sort for this week. Complete a few activities per day (about 15 min). Leave the writing sort for Friday, otherwise it will erase your data. You may have to repeat blind and speed sorts more than once to receive 100%.Check all assignments on Friday, then submit all. www.pearsonrealize.com.
Math: Graphing Project Day 1
Today you will be introduced to a new graphing project. The first part of the project is to craft a survey question and then create a Google Form as a way to collect data. Then you will be sharing your survey link on a common Google Sheet. Lastly, you will be checking back to the Google Sheet to take your classmate’s surveys. Be sure to answer all of your classmates’ surveys and then you can branch out to the rest of the grade.
- Brainstorm 2 survey questions (Slide 6)
- Choose 1 final question (Slide 7)
- Create Google Form **Don’t forget to limit to 1 response!!!
- Share Google Form to Google Sheet (Slide 10) or Grade 3 Survey Questions Google Sheets
- Take classmates’ surveys
These slides are in your math folder to complete : Graphing slides (please do not write on these)
Social Studies ~ Queens ~NYC
Today you will be continuing your tour of New York City. Next stop, Queens!
Watch the video below to learn more about Queens and its location. Learn about some of the neighborhoods, and one specifically, Chinatown in Flushing.
- Watch video about Queens
- Watch videos on slide 11~ Chinatown and Neighborhoods of Queens
- Complete assignments on Seesaw
Slides are in your SS folder too: Queens Slideshow
*** BY THE END OF THE DAY, I NEED TO HAVE COMPLETED…***
- ELA – Reading
- Read the agreed amount of pages from your bookclub
- Fantasy book club padlet
- Writing – Imaginative Narrative #8
- Begin typing up your story. Don’t forget to include your introduction and now focus on your middle.
- Watch Graphing Project Day 1 Tutorial
- Begin thinking of two options for your survey question and then choose 1
- Create a Google Form in your Math Folder
- Share it on the Grade Google Sheet that has been shared with you
- Begin answering your peers’ surveys
- Social Studies
- Watch tutorial on Queens
- Watch videos (Chinatown and Neighborhoods of Queens) on Slide #11
- Complete Seesaw Activity
- Words Their Way
- Continue practicing Words Their Way activities