You did it! You have used all that you’ve learned about magnets and being a transportation engineer in order to create a successful maglev train. You planned, created and improved upon a design that would safely and efficiently transport people, or…marbles!
For your final reflection please answer the following questions:
Describe the final design including the improvements you made. Be specific!
- Types of magnets
- Placement of magnets
- How did knowing the properties of magnets help you make successful choices?
- Like magnetic poles repel
- Opposite magnetic poles attract
- To increase the magnetic field, increase the magnets
- What did you do along the way that failed?
- What did you learn from your failure?
- What changes did you make because of your failure?
- What did you learn about the Engineering Design Process (EDP)?
- What did you learn about working in a group?
Be sure to include a photograph from your design day #2 and if you would like, a Google Drawing of your final design.