Happy Thursday! Remember to bring any classroom and library books back to school with your parents as they return to school today to pick up your work from school.
Our class Zoom is at 1:00 today!
Please watch the morning message first. Then read the blog closely. It is important to watch all videos in its entirety. There’s so much important information that you will need to complete the assignments.
Today’s Zooms: Please check your S.S. folder for the new Zoom schedule for this week. It is for an “A” Week.
- 11:30- Weinberg Nature Center Virtual Field Trip.
- 1:00- 3M Zoom
- 2:30- Library
- 4:00- Heathcote Multicultural Committee’s visit to Japan!
- Link: Join Zoom Meeting
All specials’ pages can be found here: Heathcote Gateway E-Learning Plans
Questions? E-Learning Questions Padlet
CURSIVE PRACTICE: WORDS
These are the same sheets as yesterday, but many people did not complete. Take today to catch up. If you completed these yesterday, then you are all set! 🙂
READING: BOOK CLUBS & BINGO
Continue reading your agreed upon book amount and create a NEW BINGO board activity. Please be sure to tell us what book you are reading and which activity you chose. Post your activity on the Seesaw assignment assigned to you.
Writing: Wrapping it all up
Writers, you have reached the end! Literally, it is now time to start writing the end of your fantasy story. Watch the introductory video to learn about different ways you might end your story. And much like the introduction, it is best to try out a few different endings before choosing the one that fits your story best. If you haven’t started typing your story yet, please make that a priority today. You can ask for help with the typing if that makes it easier for you.
- First, watch Imaginative Narrative #9 Video above with Mrs. Boyer
- Use the slides as mentor texts: Imaginative Narrative #9 Slides
- Write at least two different endings, then choose one that fits your story.
- Share it on Seesaw tell me about your two versions, and why you chose this one
Math: Graphing Project- Day 2
Today is an exciting day… you get the results of your surveys! Watch the lesson carefully to see how to get your data, how to fill out a data table, and how to fill out each graph.
**Note- I realized my horizontal axis is labeled incorrectly in the video. It should be labeled, “Opinion” and it is fixed on the slides in your math folder. My apologies!**
- Take some additional surveys: Grade 3 Survey Questions
- Get your results from your Google Form
- Complete the data table on Slide # 6 (Slides are in your Math Folder called, “Graphing Project: Day 2”
- Choose one or more graph to represent your data
Social Studies: Queens part 2
Watch today’s video to learn a lot more about Queens and some amazing landmarks it has to offer. As we’ve learned in yesterday’s presentation, Queens is a very large borough. There is so much to see and do and its history is just remarkable!
- Watch the video above to learn more about Queens
- Watch the three additional videos
- Complete Cultural Universal bubble map on Seesaw
***BY END OF THE DAY, I NEED TO HAVE COMPLETED…***
- ELA – Reading book clubs
- Read the agreed amount of pages from your bookclub
- Choose a new reading bingo board activity
- Post to Seesaw and make sure you share what numbered activity you are doing
- Writing – Imaginative Narrative
- Watch tutorial
- Write at least two different endings and choose one that fits your story best
- Continue to type up your story on a Google Doc or the Digital Notebook in your writing folder. Be ready to share your fantasy story today at our 1:00 Zoom
- Share it on Seesaw
- Math Graphing Day 2
- Watch tutorial
- Complete Data table on slide 20 (in your math folder)
- Create at least one graph using your survey data
- Print or Kami
- Social Studies – Queens Day 2
- Watch tutorial
- Watch three additional videos (Queens Museum, US Open and World’s Fair 1964) found on slide 20
- Complete Seesaw Activity~ Bubble map on Cultural Universals
- Catch up on Cursive if you did not complete yesterday