You did it! You have used all that you’ve learned about magnets and being a transportation engineer in order to create a successful maglev train. You planned, created and improved upon a design that would safely and efficiently transport people, or…marbles!
For your final reflection please answer the following questions:
Describe the final design including the improvements you made. Be specific!
- Types of magnets
- Placement of magnets
- How did knowing the properties of magnets help you make successful choices?
- Like magnetic poles repel
- Opposite magnetic poles attract
- To increase the magnetic field, increase the magnets
- What did you do along the way that failed?
- What did you learn from your failure?
- What changes did you make because of your failure?
- What did you learn about the Engineering Design Process (EDP)?
- What did you learn about working in a group?
Be sure to include a photograph from your design day #2 and if you would like, a Google Drawing of your final design.
We have finished our first day of designing, planning and creating our Maglev Transportation System. Your group worked really hard to test out the design you developed to see if the train has safely and efficiently traveled along the track without any problems. In your Google Drive you will type up your Blog Post #1. This will be placed in your Science Folder in your Google Drive.
Here is the Blog Post Requirements:
- What is a maglev train and how does it work?
- What was your group’s idea for the track and train?
- What did you do on Friday that worked?
- What did you do on Friday that failed?
- How was your experience working with your group? (What was challenging and what worked well?) No Names Included
Be sure to check over your work in your Google Drive BEFORE you post it to your blog. Look for:
- Proper capitalization and punctuation
- Spelling and grammar
- That you answered each question in FULL sentences
- Your writing reflects your work throughout day 1 of the Planning and Creating stages of the Engineering and Design Process
TECHNOLOGY: Something made by humans to make life easier or to solve a problem.
We have been talking about what makes something technology. Is a tree technology? Does technology need to involve electricity or batteries?
On YOUR BLOG, please write a post that explains the object you looked at last week and inlcude:
- What makes something technology?
- What makes YOUR object technology?
- What problem did YOUR object solve?
- How did it make life better?
- What did YOUR object improve on?
Your post should also include the photograph of your object found in the “Technology Photos” folder that is found in your drive in “Shared with me”.