Building Our Rockets
My group and I worked together to create outstanding rockets! We made two totally different rockets. Our first rocket had a good amount of wait, it was fairly tall, and was different. We chose three foam paper fins a styrofoam ball as our nose cone, and a paper body. For our second rocket we used, foam paper, rolled into a nose cone, four cardboard fins, and an average size body. This rocket was definitely heavier than the first.
First we had to pick a name of our group. That name was, “The Space Grandmas”. Once we were done with that we had to start a design for what our rocket would look like. We did our design on google drawing, and then we wrote why we chose what on the side of our rocket design. After that we actually started creating our rocket. Once we were all finished with building our rocket we launched it. After the launch we made a slide show with the entire group. Last but not least we created a rocketry reflection. (Which is what i’m doing right now)
Our rocket went the highest out of 5 rockets! (Including us, of course) My group and I was super nervous. We were so nervous because we thought our rocket wouldn’t even get off the launch pad, but thankfully it did. At the end we measured an average of 54 degrees. As you might’ve guessed we were all super proud of not just our rocket, but as well as ourselves.
Our slide show was very complicated. We had to make a lot of slides, but we were each assigned our own slides. I was assigned, Designing Rocket #1, Rocket Launch #2, Graph #2, and Reflection on Rocket Unit as a Whole. After we were all done with our assigned slides, we had to do a presentation in front of our parents. That part was very pressuring.
My group faced a lot of struggles. The most common struggle was, disagreeing, and getting into arguments. We argued over materials, pictures, and many more things. Eventually we would take a vote, and as you know, majority wins. Also we went through a lot of trouble on picking our nose cone and fins, but eventually we picked something.
Working Together As A Group
Our group was like a roller coaster. Their were ups and downs but eventually we got through it, and figured it out. I have to say, our group was pretty good for the most part, but sometimes people would get distracted and leave one person doing all the work. Although we got distracted, eventually we would finish.
Overall Rocketry Unit
I really enjoyed our rocketry unit. I’m upset that it’s over, and hope to do another fun similar project. My group and I worked very well together. I would definitely want to work with this group again. I really enjoyed this unit and will definitely miss it.
Heres our rocketry slide show, hope you enjoy!
My class and I have been working on something called WeVideo. WeVideo is an app that lets you make your own movies, videos, and PSA’s. I made a PSA about ocean pollution. Just in case you’re wondering PSA stands for public service announcement. The topics we could do for our PSA’s were, Oceans, Temperate Rainforests, Deserts, Tropical Rainforests, Tundra, and Wetlands.
Making these videos/PSA’s was a very long process. This process involved, researching, writing a script, finding pictures/videos, and, well making the video.
Researching got complicated because I would jot the research I find in my book to my reading notebook and when I was done I would realize I have a lot of the same thing just in different wording. Believe me, that was really annoying.
After I did my research I started writing my PSA script. What I did to write my script was, go back into my research, see all my facts, and then right something, for example, I would right, Narrator says, Oceans are in danger, or Graphic would be help save the oceans. For most of time I just kept saying narrator, graphic, narrator, graphic. Then as I said next was, finding pictures/videos.
Finding pictures and videos on WeVideo was fairly hard, but then I got introduced to a website called. CC Search. This made finding my pictures so much easier! That made finding pictures so much easier because it was basically finding non copyrighted pictures on google.
When I was finally done with all those steps I started to actually put all those things in the PSA video. That got kinda hard at the end because I had to make 60 seconds on the dot. That got pretty hard… Belive me.
When I was finished it was all worth it at the end, Hope you enjoy my video!
This is my food web,
It has been 2 weeks since I talked about plants. The plant looks so different because it grew taller it grew buds basically everything is different. But then there’s the manipulated plant… Which is boring… It’s exactly the same. Our manipulated plant is also dead… What Mrs.Mangan said is to try to bring it back to life and that is what we are doing. And all that means we are now using water instead of seltzer.
Now why don’t we talk about the measurements to the controlled plant! At the beginning of the week it was 4 centimeters tall. Now the plant is 8 centimeters tall! And then the manipulated plant hasn’t even poked a little sprout. But my group and I have been brainstorming why it won’t grow and this is what we’re thinking… Maybe the flavoring in the seltzer is making the plant die. Now why don’t we talk about the color and the direction!
So far the color is actually a really pretty light green. And the other thing is that 1 of the buds are purple but the other buds are green. And is it me or is that kinda strange… Well now that I think about it I bet it’s just the plant color. Again I have no idea what the plant is going to grow into. Now I think it’s time to talk about the direction of the plant. Every single plant in the quad Is going in different directions. One of the plants is growing up towards the light another plant is going to the side and the other are touching each other. That’s all we know sofar about the plants and I hope you injoyed reading this book!
This is my controlled plant