3/23/16 So far me and Matthew have been working on this project for about 5 days. In those 5 days we work for around and hour and a half about every time. March 16th was our first day meeting. On that day we gathered all of our materials up and started basing out the project. We are working in Matthews basement. The goal for our rube goldberg project is to get the golf ball into the hole.
The materials we have used so far in the process are a mini toy golf put, tape, cardboard tubes/cardboard, dominoes, jenga blocks/little jenga blocks, a fan car, board games, marbles, toy ramp, nock hockey board, a deck of cards(We might not use them), toy sticks, and a golf ball.
4/3/16 Today we finished our whole rube goldberg. We have worked on it for around 20 hours total. Also we got it on our 24th try. We changed our Rube Goldberg many times. Probably around 6 times.
Through out our whole Rube Goldberg their is mechanical energy, potential energy, electric energy, and kinetic energy. Continue reading
Building our rocket for the first time was awesome. It took about two weeks to build them. We made the wings out of styrofoam covered in duct tape. We used two Vintage© bottles connected together for the body part of our rocket. Our first launch was a huge fail. It only reached a 15 degree angle from 50 meters away. What were trying to do next for our 2nd launch is to make an uncrooked bottle and no duck tape on our wings and smoothing it out with sand paper to make it more aerodynamic and light. Another thing our group was going to do was to roll paper to the shape of a nose cone. Our first nose cone failed because it was crooked also. Our first launch was a fail, but our second launch is going to be a success.
This is our group about to launch our rocket. I am the one in the red shirt. We are pumping air into the rocket. We are supossed to put 90 PSI and 200 ml into our rocket.
This is our Launch. Skip to the 1 minute mark in the video to see the countdown.