Our second and third lessons went a lot better then lesson one. My teaching group is Rick and Joning and we were teaching Charlotte, Sandy, Beatrice that was the first group and the second group is Jonah, Lola, and Nate. The time was perfect and we never did nothing. The groups were still the same someone was hogging the Ipad and someone was trying to teach us I just thought our teaching improved. Our teaching really improved form the last lesson and our students were much more into it. In my opinion we did a lot better then the last lesson. Overall this unit was really fun and both groups learned a lot.
My teaching group was Joning and Rick. Both of the groups we taught had problems. The first group was Charlotte, Beatrice and Sandy.(Mrs. Cooper’s class)In that group someone was hogging the Ipad but they did learn how to make a circle so they did end up learning something. We first had to tech them the basic commands like “Roll”, “Stop”, “Delay” etc. We really did not have too much fun so we decided next time when we are done we will play Sphero games. The next group was Nate, Jonah and Lola.(Mrs. Boyer’s class) The problem with this group is someone tried to teach us. We taught them the same stuff except at the end we played Sphero games and we taught them cool commands like “Raw motor” and they loved it. Overall the second group was better in my opinion.
The ballroom dancing concert was very stressful but not for me. There where a lot of parents there. My dad tried to distract me when I was dancing but he did not distract me. I think our class got the best dance but they also got the worst one the Walt. I had to bring a reader to the stage and it was pretty stressful to stand in the middle of the stage. The hardest dance was the Walt the most fun was the Swing. After the concert I went to Haagen Dazs with my friends who were at the concert and danced. I came back to my house at nine and went to sleep.
We are building our Rube Goldberg project and everything is going as planned. We also plan on editing our video and showing our fails. Building the Rube Goldberg machine is very hard because there are such little parts that mess everything up. We also decided that we should leave the car out. The biggest problem is the marble. The marble only sometimes knocks down the dominos which is a problem because it should knock down the dominos every time, but it does not. That is the main problem.
We started by testing everything that we would use. Like seeing which ball would be strong enough to hit the box so the car falls. Also, we tested which car would be heavy enough and what materials we should use to make the ramp steeper. We decided which ramp to use and what to use to keep the ball straight. The testing phase is over. Now it is time to build!
My group just rethought our whole plan since we have limited materials. Now, we will have a car hits dominos, dominos hit a marble and the marble goes down cardboard tube, which makes a sharp turn through a mini cardboard tube. From there, it hits a domino then the dominos hit a ball, which goes through another cardboard tube which hits a box that knocks down a car that hits the ball down and the ball goes in the basket. That is our new plan.
Now after the domino hits the marble the marble will go down a tube which will knock down another few dominos. We are trying to figure out what to do next. We are thinking about using hot wheels tracks, but we don’t know yet. We decided to make the sketch on a Google Drawing and print it. We will probably finish the Rube Goldberg project during our next meeting.
My group decided that instead of something falling over and hitting the ball in the basket we made a car hit the bottom of the ball. We had some trouble with the car. The trouble we had was the car was not heavy enough so we had to tape some heavy things to the car to make it weigh more. Also we added a marble after the dominos. So once the last domino fell it would hit the marble but we don’t know what to do next.
It was very hard to come up with an idea for the Rube Goldberg project. But the idea that my group came up with was putting a ball in the basket. The way that will work is when a line of magnets falls it will hit the ball which will fall in the basket. The start will be dominos that will be knocked down by a mini car. We are trying to figure out what to do next.