1. Kindergarteners need a better way to organize their headphones which is more sanitary and more accessible.
Reza Merchant: In the first prototype, I created a cabinet with an Ultraviolet Light at the top in order to disinfect the headphones. Additionally, I created racks going from wall to wall of the cabinet to store the headphones. There were also slots in the bottom of the box for the wires to hang out. The cabinet could potentially be on wheels at an adjustable height. https://drive.google.com/a/scarsdaleschools.org/file/d/1e3AfovT8qYSXhbghQyYkyuL_UsL2yQTW/view?usp=sharing
Justin Blieden: In the second prototype, I created an enclosed shelf to attach to the wall. The top is closed off with a Uv light hanging from it. The UV light will destroy the bacteria and keep the headphones clean. 2 headphones rack emerge from the sides which serve as the place where the headphones will rest. In order to organize the wires I made holes in the bottom of the shelf where the wires will hang and remain un tangled. https://drive.google.com/a/scarsdaleschools.org/file/d/1DvzdiaZLBS6gMNi0JNqmlN2RnhMWCMWz/view?usp=sharing
Ward Bandsma: In the third prototype, I created a cart with an ultraviolet light at the top. The ultraviolet light will shine down on the headphones and kill any bacteria that managed to latch on. The headphones will be hung on racks around the cart, and the wires will hang down to the ground. I could potentially add another rack under the headphone rack with holes in it to seperate the wires from the headphones. https://drive.google.com/a/scarsdaleschools.org/file/d/1ves5A3bk88os-s2oewebP8tmsvziogoi/view?usp=sharing
- Which of the prototypes is your favorite and why?
- Did you like the idea of a movable cart or a cabinet on the wall?
- Which parts of each prototype do you like?
- Do you think that the hanging wires are a good idea? Why or why not?
- What are some things we can add or change on our prototypes to make them better?
- Would you rather have the headphones hung in racks in the open or in a box
- Would a kindergarten teacher be comfortable with a UV light in their room?
- How big should we make our product to fit all the headphones?
Response to our group
- The problem statement addresses a solution in the wording, by stating that you must use a rack. You are limiting your creative capacity by this. We can think BIGGER and even BETTER. 😉
- I like the mobility and the wheels
- I like the cubby system, however they might take up a lot of space
- I like the structure of the cart
- You should consider what to do with the wires attached to the headphones
- The fact they are near the sink could prove to be challenging
- We should address cleaning them as well