How can we make the Lost and Found a more appealing and efficient space for all users.
- Briefly explain the different prototypes you made:
- The first prototype divides the clothing, shirts and pants, as well as the different items, such as jewelry, water bottles, and schools supplies. The boxes divided the foldable clothes while the hooks allow the jackets and coats to hang. This space is colorful and appealing to users. It draws attention with its bright colors and large LOST AND FOUND sign.
- The next prototype is similar to the previous one, except that it focuses more on dividing items rather than clothing. It is closer to the ground and consists of different slots to hold the lost items so they aren’t lying around in a pile on the floor. There are also small labels above each slot to sort the items into their own categories.
- Another prototype was a foldable wall that opens to make the space larger and more efficient. It has raised edges and a large recessed area for hanging coats, jackets, sweatshirts, or other items. The idea is to extend the available wall space while taking up as little physical space as possible. Having more area to store hanging items should improve the organization and overall appeal of the area.
- Ask for feedback through specific questions. If you all prototyped versions of the same idea, ask them which features they liked-get them to compare and contrast.
- Do you think that the space is efficient? Do the boxes properly organize and divide the clothing?
- Would you like for the clothing to be divided by gender, color, size?
- Would you like to extend the size of the space or incorporate the wall to a larger extent?
- What other aspects could we add to the space to make it more decorative and appealing?
- Do you think there are better solutions to deal with hanging items? Are hooks the best device to use?
- What is an ideal height for the slots/dividers? Do you prefer the dividers closer to the ground?
- How large can we make the dividers? What is the biggest we can make the slots without taking up too much space?
- Do you like the idea of slots or should there be another way to sort the clothes?