The Solder Person project wasa project in which everyone would get a wire and we would have to bend it and solder it in a certain way to make it a person. This project was the hardest project we have done so far in my opinion. First we were gave a wire that was about 8in. We had to cut a 5in piece to make the head and legs. This was the most difficult part because we had to wrap the wire tightly around a pencil and around the body. Eventually, I got it though. Once I had the head and feet I took the 3in piece and soldered it the the back of the person, and now I have a basic person. The only thing left to do is to give my person something to do. I chose baseball. I cut a little piece of wire to make a bat and then soldered it to my person. Overall this project was really difficult, but the soldering was really fun.
Yesterday, in technology we played a game called breakout. We had to0 find clues and crack the codes of the locks. Both teams were given a folder with three papers in them. These were the clues. We were given one lock that had arrows on them, one with letters, and one with numbers. Mr. Calvert gave us two clues about where to find the clues to the locks.
It was pretty easy for us two get the letters one and the arrows one, but we couldn’t figure out the numbers one. We were very confident we knew the code, but the lock wouldn’t open. We tried and tried, and even called Mr. Calvert over, and he said we had the right idea. We kept trying to line up the clues with the lock. Eventually Mr. Calvert came over and all he did was pull on the lock and it opened. I couldn’t believe it, the person who was entering the code couldn’t open the lock.
Overall, this game was really fun and a little frustrating at the same time.