The Solder Person project wasa project in which everyone would get a wire and we would have to bend it and solder it in a certain way to make it a person. This project was the hardest project we have done so far in my opinion. First we were gave a wire that was about 8in. We had to cut a 5in piece to make the head and legs. This was the most difficult part because we had to wrap the wire tightly around a pencil and around the body. Eventually, I got it though. Once I had the head and feet I took the 3in piece and soldered it the the back of the person, and now I have a basic person. The only thing left to do is to give my person something to do. I chose baseball. I cut a little piece of wire to make a bat and then soldered it to my person. Overall this project was really difficult, but the soldering was really fun.
For my second project I decided to do another Scratch project. I thought that Scratch was easier to use and I liked the options it gave you better too. I decided to do a Hide and Seek game. The tutorial only gave me one character that acts like Wally does. After the tutorial I thought to myself how I can make it better. First I decided to add obstacles to my game, but it was still way to easy. I have played arcade games where you had to hit the thing that lights up or something like that, so I decided to make it like that. First, I added more bears that didn’t look like Wally. Now my game was a bit harder. Next I wanted to figure out a way for you to win or lose. I made it so when the bears are clicked a you lose sign comes up. And when the score is six then a you win sign pops up. That was my biggest improvement so far. I then thought to myself that it wouldn’t be hard to just not click the bears and wait for Wally to show up in the middle of the screen, so I added a countdown. Now it is pretty hard to win this game. Finally, I added my finishing touches to fix the lags, check it out down below.
Throughout the process I had a few struggles. One of them was Making the score go up one the second Wally was clicked. I had a few people try my game before I published it. One person’s score was five with one second to go. He clicked Wally but the score didn’t calculate because I had play sound pop and say you found me, before the code said to change score by one. This glitch caused some problems. Luckily I was able to figure this out and fix it. Another struggle was I had the building and the tree go away when the you lose or you win sign pops up. But, what happened was they left the screen and never came back even when the next round started. It took me a while to figure out that I needed to make them appear every time a new round starts. these were two of the struggles I went through during the process.
I did my passion project on Short Films. It was a little hard to research because what I found was mostly short films that people created. But I found a few websites on how to make a short film, so I used those. The do part was a little easier because I got some editing program suggestions from the websites. I also created a flip book. When it was time for the final project I was a little nervous but I knew I could do it. I decided to use a program called animaker to make my short film. I decided to use animaker because I was just a beginner at making short films so I wanted it to be an easy website and I didn’t want it to take too long to make the film. Animaker is really easy and films don’t take too long to make on animaker so I decided to use it. At first I was thinking about making a sports film but then I had another idea to make a fiction everyday film. I told my partner Raymond my ideas and we agreed on making a fiction everyday film. At the start we had two problems not enough characters and we didn’t know how to make the characters speak. But then with Mr. Cassal and our parents help we figured out the problems and now it is much easier. Overall I am happy that I chose short films and animaker because it is fun creating films and playing around on animaker.