Our group had many problems through process. First we had to check what poles the magnet was on. When we figured that out we put two strip magnets on two sides and and we did the same thing on our vehicle. But that did not work so Mrs.Badurski said to put more weight on the track and that got it to levitate on the strip magnets. Also she said to use a bar magnet to see if they were on the right poles and if they weren’t then flip the magnets which took a very long time.
Our final track had two strip magnets on both sides and disc magnets on top of the strip magnets and ring magnets on in the middle of the track. Also the bottom of our train we used two strip magnets that we cut so it lined up with the track which made it levitate. I think it was successful because we got marble to levitate on the train we also got it to go all the way to the other side of the track with a teeny push.
I learned how to make magnets repel and attract and I even learned a lot about my partners .I learned that maglev trains float by repelling and I Learned that England and Germany are fighting for the fastest maglev train that can still be efficient. I learned that in a team everybody has a very special position in the group and if you leave someone out your train won’t be as good than it could if you included everybody.