My group and I improved by putting only one strip magnet on each side of the piece of paper that was the track, and putting one little strip magnet on each side of the foam, which was the vehicle. The time that my group failed was when we put all strip magnets next to each other and only one magnet on each side of the foam. The second time my group failed is when we didn’t test what side poles the magnets were on. I think the last one was successful because we tested what sides the magnets are on and we only put one strip magnet on each side.The poles had to be north facing north.
I thought working with a group is helpful because if someone didn’t have a successful idea the other person can add something that maybe will get your plan a little better. I also thought that the maglev transportation system was very fun. I think it was fun because we got to test what side all the magnets are on and the most fun part is when we started to build our maglev transportation system, and then test it to see how many marbles it held.