Our improvements that we made today were we fixed the vehicle because at some parts it would attract to the track. So what we did to fix it we made it touch the edge of the vehicle because before our vehicle wasn’t touching the edge at all.
Our train and track is basically our first idea but we changed a few things:
- The vehicle – what we changed about our vehicle was it was too heavy so we got strip magnets because before we had too many ring magnets.
- The track – the strip magnets were too close to the middle so we un taped it, then we put the magnets closer to the edge of the track.
My group thinks out train was successful because it took the passengers from one side to the other and our vehicle levitated.
I learned from the EDP that you have to do all the EDP steps to complete the process. I learned from working with my group that even if you get frustrated it is okay
What my group did that worked was that the train was levitating but we failed a lot of times and we still had fun making it levitate.
The thing that we failed today was not all of our train was levitating for example part of it was attracting to the magnets but we needed to make both sides repel even though we failed it was still really fun working with my group because we got to experience what we did wrong and how can we make it right. We were all a little frustrated but my teacher says it’s okay if you feel that way because when were done were done with this project you’ll be such a good scientist.
The changes that I made with my group was that we made the other side repel too but then the magnets were too heavy so we thought we should use the disc magnets cause we thought they were lighter than the donut magnets but we didn’t have time so were going to do that tomorrow and hopefully that works.