Immigration Stop Motion 3

In class we are still working on immigration stop motion. We finished the stop motion part and we are on the recording are voices part. So far we have recorded two scenes and we need to record three more scenes. It feels so good to have finished the stop motion part. It was kind of hard at some points. We were the last group to finish the filming part. We have five scenes because we showed all different families from all different places discussing why they are going to America. The recording part is hard because sometimes we mess up or we go to slow or fast. Like for one scene I am a boy so I talk in a mans voice, but I sometimes go to slow with it. It is cool though watching it with the talking. The whole thing getting put together it is very exciting.

Water Filters

In class we were working on creating water filters. Our are top four features were safe for all ages, reusable, efficient and good quality. The were five bottle with different colors the fifth one is really dirty dark brown the first is perfectly clean clear water. Everyone wanted to get a one. The materials we thought about were layered filter filter paper, soybeans and polly glue. The main object in all is a plastic bottle.  Our first design was a clean dry non-toxic baby wipe at the top to catch any particles. Under the baby wipe was around 6 layered filter paper to change the color. Under the filter paper is a mosquito screen folded 5 times to get any other particles. The color we were aiming for was a two. The two had some dirt and very little particles. After it went through there was no particles and was in the middle of a two and a three because of the color. We had a problem with the baby wipe because it overflowed. The baby wipe was still helpful because it took away all the particles.

After are first filter we changed it a little so the color would be lighter. We were still aiming for a two. The design now is the mosquito screen on the top to get all the particles. Under the mosquito screen is  a baby wipe to catch any extra particle. Under the baby wipe is a paper filter to change the color. Under the paper filter is sand and gravel to change the color and catch anymore particles. We had trouble setting up the sand and gravel because sand kept coming out because there was not enough gravel so we had to fix that. After we put it through we decided to put it through again and it turned out to be a three. No particles, but the color was a three. It was dark, but not too dark. It was like a light brown, but a little bit darker.

Since we still needed to get the color of the water to just a two we still needed to work on another filter. At the top there was the mosquito screen for particles. After that was a baby wipe. Under that was a paper filter to change the color that had cotton balls over that was gravel (to change the color and take away any extra particles.) The color for that one was like a two and a half. There was no particles in it. The problem with are filters is that it does not take away all the filters. That would mostly be because the color is tea so it can’t fully take away the color, but it should at least be a little less than a two or a two.

 

This is a picture of each number water.