Technology – Driverless Cars

In class we talked about driverless cars and how they work. They have  sensors on all sides that tell which way to turn or merge very fast. They stil have wheels in case something backfires and the human in the car can take over. There is one problem though. If there was a situation where you either had to get into an accident or hit the pedestrians on the side walk you would probably be able to make a decision really quick. You have feelings and selflessness. But the car, would most likely not be able to make that decision. It would fo the thing that would seem most logical at the time. This is another reason there is always going to need a function for the driver to take over. Overall driverless cars could be a great addition to the roads and could help people in many ways.

Our Immigration Project

In school we have been working on a project about immigration. This is a project where we can make our own short film with a group. At first I didn’t know if group work was a very good idea because, I expected there to be a lot of arguing. But, once we started working with our groups, it wasn’t so bad. We would argue a little, find a compromise, (This could take up a lot of our work time sometimes.) and get back to work. But, getting back to the point, there are a variety of categories that we can pick from. Like, The journey over, then and now, push and pull factors, arriving at Ellis Island, etc. My group picked the journey over to America. There were a lot of steps to make this film. It took a time span of about, 5 weeks. It didn’t seem to take that long though. But if you assign time spans to each step then it makes sense why it took that long. For example:  First, we had to research about the topic we picked. (2 weeks) We could not have made an inaccurate film. If we had no reasearch it would undoubtedly be inaccurate. Secondly, we had to put our research in paragraph form to create a full answer, not just have it in notes.  Our third step was to make a script, and build our set. (1 week) But, the script had to be based on our research. Though it wasn’t so bad, because we could make up some things, like the characters names, how they looked like and, how the characters felt. It gave the whole short film a sense of fact and fiction both. For set design we printed out panel images to slide in (as you’ll see in the video below), and we had to have a green screen and draw people.  Our third step was to film the whole thing without audio. (1 week) It would have been too loud and too much of a hassle if we did film with audio. Our fourth step was to record our script, the audio (Same week). Once that was done, we had to put it all together in an iMovie.  We added sound effects, like waves, a title and credits. (A few days)  We also had to drop an image in because we had a green screen. We were the first group to finish. Probably because we had a short script and when we got off track the rest of the group would make sure we got on track again.