I compared the movie and the book, these are the differences and similarities I found:
Differences book and movie
- In the book Winn-Dixie, Winn-Dixie comes out from under the chair instead of from outside.
- In the book Winn-Dixie, the preacher comes to the party earlier than he does in the movie.
- Gloria Dump is more witchy in the movie than in the book.
Similarities book and movie
- In both the book and the movie, they have a party.
- In both the movie and the book, Opal gives Winn-Dixie a bath.
- In both the movie and the book, Winn-Dixie finds a mouse.
I liked the movie better then the book because I could see all their actions and I had a better picture in my head about each character. I did like reading the book first, it made me really looking forward to the movie. After reading the book, I had a different picture in my head then after I watched the movie.