Rube Goldberg # 6 : materials we used

You have to try different materials to make a rube goldberg project.

For our first step we used lots of cardboard to make pipes on the wall. We taped this on the wall with blue tape. Our second step we used a marble and a marble run. Our third step we used a rail with a cardboard stop around it. We also used dominos, magnet tiles, a green and white ping pong ball, a soft green ball, two green blocks and another magnet tile. For our fourth step we used a string, cardboard, a long squier and blocks. For our fifth step we used tin gold fairytale books. For our sixth step we used two boxes, a chair, Mickey Mouse tape, a lego car, a rubber duck and a long orange rail. Our seventh step we used two cardboard pipes and more Mickey Mouse tape. Our last step we used a tennis ball, a red block, Mickey Mouse tape, a fidget spinner and a Mickey Mouse balloon.

We used mostly cardboard because we had a lot of that around the house. Most of the material were already in Alexa’s basement. The only thing we really bought was the Mickey Mouse tape and the Mickey mouse balloon. The materials we used were mostly reusable. We did not plan the materials we were gonna use. We tried different materials for our different steps.we kept on changing the materials and at one point in worked.

Rube Goldberg #5 :Trying till is works

A Rube Goldberg project takes lots of time and tries to make it work.  We tried many, many, many times.  Sometimes we had to change are whole plan!  Such as we started off with using a car to set off the Tower of Terror, but that was too heavy to be pushed off the string.  We tried 2 green blocks on the side with a green soft ball in the middle of the 2 blocks, and we put a magnitile in front of the ball to hold the string until it fell over.  This plan worked!  Another plan was that we changed the idea of using water and instead, we put a rail on the chair and then got a lego car and stuck a rubber ducky on top of in and let it go down to hit a tennis ball which then hit a fidget spinner to release the balloon with Mickey Mouse on it.  We tried our Rube Goldberg many times and each time it stopped working somewhere else.  Such as the marble would get stuck on the cardboard pipe tape or it would get stuck in the middle of the marble run.  After every try we had to take a good look at our project and change something to make it work better.  At our 25th try it finally worked!  We were so happy it did not get stuck and it did not stop – it all worked!   We were cheering and screaming so loud! The moms who were filming were so happy, they forgot to film the end!!  WE then had to do it all over one more time to get it all on video.