Over all the hard work that we accomplished we did a great job. Our video turned out to be very complex and organized. We worked quickly but efficiently to try to finish our project on time. I think our group ( Hannah, Gia and I.) Worked very well as a team and stayed on task and didn’t get distracted. We met up for Rube Goldberg four times. We had to try to find the perfect time for all of us to meet up that was definitely a challenge. We conquered and overcome our challenges easily.
Hannah worked on the video a lot and but in special effects and music. We are very happy with the results of how everything really turned out to be. Working with a great team was an advantage because we all had different strengths and weaknesses. We also worked very diligently together. I had a great experience doing our Rube Goldberg project. Here is a link to the video we put together.
Most likely when your experimenting or testing out your ideas for your Rube Goldberg you’ll come across fails. Which we did we wasted a lot of storage videoing our bloopers and or fails. Mostly by introducing our steps our explaining what a rube Goldberg is. We had a lot of bloopers so we have a lot to choose from which is an advantage.
We used special effects like slow motion. It was hard for us all to have a part in editing and adding special effects to the Rube Goldberg video. We had to share all of our ideas in adding special effects and editing the video over our text, not finding one last time for all of us to meet and only focus on editing. So instead we figured out our own way to share our comments and ideas.
We could never do the magnificent job we did without a bit of help. We are very thankful for my brother we used a lot of his toys for some of our steps. We also used help from my mom to show us some of the items that we also could, and did use for a couple of our steps. We had a lot of help from the people around us but we also used a couple of good website resources.
My favorite resource we used was Audri’s Rube Goldberg. This was one of my favorites because it was very inspiring from one kid to another. The Goldieblox Rube Goldberg was another favorite because it was very complex and exciting I liked this especially because their task in the end was really amazing.
As they say “ If you don’t succeed try, try again.” Well that’s what we did trying to attempt a success on our Rube Goldberg project. Our prediction of times it would take to meet our expectations was about seven but instead it took us at least four times. We were very happy with our results of the times it took us to finally finish our simple task.
We had to move a couple thing once we found out that it was not working we found this a strategy to try as many ideas as we could think of until we got the final results we were happy and proud of. We were very excited to find our Rube Goldberg worked and with a short amount of tries. Now we can finally say that the saying is correct. Especially for this experiment.
Sketching was not too hard but yet still a challenge. We had a lot of erasing, with the help from rulers it turned out to be very neat which I’m very proud of. Since we had many ideas and we sketched a lot. Sometimes we had to flip the paper because there were so much erase marks. It was difficult to draw everything so realistic.
We had trouble drawing everything up to size. We decided to use a very large paper even though it was not necessary because we did not fill up all the space. I’m really happy with the results of our sketch it looks very neat and good. With the results of everything so far My guess is our whole project will be pretty good. We can’t wait for our next meeting about Rube Goldberg.
As soon as we entered my house we went straight to working. We managed not to get distracted by anything or anyone. We gathered as many items as possible to use for our project, which includes Basketball, dominos, jenga, a ramp, blocks, and magnatiles. We had to take many trips upstairs and downstairs. We found it was challenging to fill in eight steps but we managed to exceed our expectations with nine steps in total.
We had many ideas most of them were fails but we created a nine step idea. Though we had a couple of repeating steps (we did not count them.) we pulled of a great start with all of our amazing, mind blowing ideas. I’m so excited to continue working on this project. We had many challenges starting our project for example the dominos kept on falling. But we still continued to work super hard. Although we found our work very appealing to ourselves we knew we that we still had some work to do.
Hannah, Gia and I were are creating a Rube Goldberg at my house. We figured since I’m allergic to gia and Hannah’s pets we can do it at my house. A Rube Goldberg is a chain reaction from one thing to another and at the end will do a simple task. But, first we needed to figure out what we were using, and what our task was. Finally we decided for our simple task to be a basketball going in the hoop, it might seem simple but it is not especially the fact that it’s eight steps or more.
With all of our teamwork and creativity, my prediction is that this Rube Goldberg will exceed our expectations. It was a bit of a challenge finding the perfect schedule for our Rube Goldberg project but we managed it correctly. We tried to find as many items to use as possible to fill in the eight steps. We are supposed to do a blog post, create a eight step project, video recording, sketch and documentation. My group and I are trying to make a complex Rube Goldberg and exceed expectations. We can’t wait to continue our Rube Goldberg.