Rocket #3 thoughts

This was going to be our last rocket launch. We were determined to get over one hundred feet, so we tried our very best on this one, first we tried making our body as tight as is could possibly be. Which lead to an argument on what color the nose cone was going to be. Sydney and I wanted to choose a different color. While Jai and Neil wanted the same one as we always did, red blue, and white. So to decide, we wrote our choices and let Ms. Edwards pick out of the pencil cup. Lucky for Sydney and I, she picked different color. We decided that the nosecone should be grey. Now it was my turn to tape the nosecone. I made sure that the nosecone was extra tall. I made it out of paper, and then taped the nosecone. They said that I put too much tape. But at least there were no holes to slow it down. Finally, the fins took some time because we wanted them to be very secure. The last two rockets fins were stable except they had one one fin that was a bit loose.

Final Reflection

I most enjoyed making and launching because it was a challenge to think about and to build what we imagined. Then when we launched, it was cool to see which one worked the best. And the team work was a  fun but a bit hard.

Designing rocket one, two, and three, was ok. The team did good on the chromebook, for rocket one the design was great. Vs reality, it was pretty bad. The fins were tiny and loose, the nose cone was made of tinfoil. then Neil put red blue and white tape on very lazily. There were many many holes on the nosecone. Then when we launched it, it only went ninety feet high.

Then with launching rocket two,the fins were a bit bigger, then Sydney and Jai made the nosecone out of paper and red, blue, and white tape. Which was much better but still some holes.  But when launching, it it only went six feet higher. I got a bit frustrated.

Finally, came the third rocket design. I got to make the nosecone, so I made it out of paper, and made it longer. Then We voted to put grey tape instead of what we used to do. Then we made the same sized fins I think. And  the the launch day came. We were really happy with what we got. We got 119 feet. And that was or last launch.

Rocket Post #3

Designing rocket one. Our rocket design was great, we argued a bit on the color but it all turned out nicely. When we actually started building.  We argued about the body and how it should be skinnier. After that, we did that I started to make the nose cone with a bit too much tape.

Like the other rockets we made, Sydney and I wanted a different color, Neil and Jai wanted the American flag colors. So we wrote what we wanted on a piece of paper, put them in the pencil cup and let Ms. Edwards choose. She chose different color. So we did gray.

After launching, we were very happy, especially Sydney, we had gotten 119 feet. We jotted what we noticed and finished the launching part of the rocketry group.