Today we worked on some more immigration work. One of the problems that we had last time was we didn’t know who was going to say the letter. Our solution was Audrey and I are going to both say parts of the letter and we thought that would work after we thought more about it.
My group and I thought about this project more and we realized that it would be better if we made Jonathan and his mom standing up so that they can move around and not just sit the whole time. So we put a really small piece of popsicle stick on the bottom of the two characters so they would stand up. They didn’t fall over and it worked pretty well.
That was our learning experience today.
In class we started filming our immigration project although we came across some challenges along the way. In my group we made a letter that our character, Jonathan, “reads” and we are still deciding who will read the letter. Also we first set up our background/set against kids lockers and some of the kids were coming out and getting things from their locker. That meant that we couldn’t set up our project there so we had to find a new place to film. We found a quiet place against the brick wall which was perfect.
Next time we work on our project we will try to finish our project. Finding backgrounds are hard so we might spend a few minutes next time working on that. My group and I also might add some more narration and words for other people in my group to say.
The way we film is we have a little camera that is connected to a computer and we can angle the camera which ever way we want and we can see the way we are putting the camera on the computer. Every time we film we press the button on the computer and take a picture and keep taking pictures when we move things around the set.
Thats all we did today and I know we will get more things done the next time we work on this project. I can’t wait to see the final project all done!
In school my class and I are working on the constitution. My teacher gave my class and I a turn to roll a small box that has a topic on each side of the box. For example, on one side there was a topic about places and on another side there was a topic about events. I got technology. Then, we had to roll another small box. That box was about how you were going to put that information together. This time I got photo novel. That means that I can do a slide show, ask a question about the topic (how did they build this?, when did they build this?, who built it?), answer that showing photos and we also can write one or two sentences to answer the question. After that, my teacher showed us a list of topics we could research on. On the list I picked to research sewing machines. Since I’m doing technology some of my questions were, “What are the parts of the sewing machine?” or “How did the sewing machine work?” Now on that slide we get to write one or two sentences to answer the question and then put some pictures on the slide that relates to the question. I have learned a lot about the constitution and hope to learn more. This project was a really fun experience!
This was a really fun Colonial America project. Some parts were challenging like picking the books with the right information, picking your own topic, picking a good topic, revising everything and making everything perfect. Some parts were easy like adding pictures, doing captions, linking words and much more. There were many parts/steps to making your own Colonial America book. The last step of all is revising and making everything perfect.