E-Learning Tuesday June 16th
The grade level Padlet is looking good! I’m excited to share it with the school this week. I’ve added an extra zoom session today – check your email for the calendar invite.
Your zoom sessions today are at 10:00am for a special edition of NYC Jeopardy, a 1:00pm with Mr.Casal, and a 2:30 Library Broadcast with Ms.Sorensen.
Planner’s ready? Let’s get started…
Continue your work practicing geometry by using IXL. You should spend 30 minutes on this. Strive for a Smart Score of 80 on each. Stop after 30 minutes, or keep going!
IXL: CC: 1-4 & 6
SOCIAL STUDIES: Upper East Side & Upper West Side of Manhattan ~ Central Park
The Upper East Side and the Upper West Side of Manhattan are separated by Central Park. Learn about the neighborhood, the various museums, and performing arts culture that exists in these areas. You will also learn what Central Park has to offer.
Manhattan with Mrs. DeGrazia
Slides – these are in your social studies folder
- Watch the video to learn about Upper East Side and Upper West Side of Manhattan and Central Park
- Go to Discovery Education: www.scarsdaleschools.org/discoveryeducation
- Watch the three assigned videos : New York Elevators and Skyscrapers, New York Harbor of the Past, and Building Central Park
- Go to Seesaw to write a paragraph about where you would visit in Manhattan and why?
SCIENCE: Garden Lesson 2
Today you will join Toby in the garden to talk about water. We all know about the water cycle, but how today we will talk more about how we can conserve water. Watch the lesson video below to find out more about water conservation and the important role we can play in protecting our water sources.
- Garden Lesson 2: Water -Lesson Video
- Brainpop Video and Review Quiz: Water Supply
- Seesaw Activity
- Tip Tank Game: https://wateruseitwisely.com/tip-tank-game/
Summer Book Recommendations Video Project
A great resource for book recommendations is our very own peers. This project will provide all of you some great suggestions for summer reading from the very best resource – your own friends! Watch this tutorial video to learn more about what is expected with your book recommendation video. Make sure to be clear in your presentation, choose one favorite book, or even series, to recommend and include all the requirements stated in the tutorial video. Have fun with this project and we look forward to seeing all the great videos!
FOR THE LOVE OF ART!
Check out the Elementary District-Wide Art Show to see gorgeous works of art created by kids from all five elementary schools.
I’ll see you at 10am & then again at 1pm!