Students and Parents,
The Responsible Use Policy is the document that outlines, for all Scarsdale Schools users (students, teachers and staff alike) appropriate use guidelines for using district devices, accounts, and services.
Every year I do this lesson with the students, usually in big grade-level groups, where we can talk about it, ask questions, and have a general back and forth about the rules and expectations. Students used to then take home a document summarizing the lesson and they sign it, along with their parents. This year students and parents will fill out and sign the form digitally. Paperless!
All students must view the Responsible Use Policy video. Parents of all students should watch alongside their children, and talk about the covered points. The RUP acknowledgement form, to be filled out by students and parents, is located below the video. Students and parents please fill out the form together, this will serve as the paperless digital signature.
So, Kindergarten-5th graders, here is your assignment…
- Watch the RUP video below
- Then look at the presentation below the video
- go to the Digital Citizenship section of the presentation (slide 24) and watch the videos on the Digital Citizenship slides (25 and 26)
- Review the Responsible Use Policy with your parents
- Review the Online Accounts Agreement with your parents
- Fill out the Form, with your parents, to let me know you have done all of the above
You will find the video, presentation, and form below…
Responsible Use Policy video
Responsible Use Policy presentation
Responsible Use Policy form
students must be logged in to their @scarsdaleschools.org accounts to access and submit this form
Let me know if you have any questions!