Rube Goldberg – Post #5
Success! Success! It worked! Our machine worked! I don’t know exactly, but I think it took about 15-20 tries. To make up for our first step, we added a mousetrap at the end. The golf ball falls into a cup that not only hits the books, but also lifts up another cup that triggers the mousetrap. It was so stressful. There was always something to fix. Either the mousetrap didn’t go off or the books didn’t fall, there was always something. I am very happy to be done, though. I actually shouldn’t say that we are done, considering we still have to make the iMovie. Tyler and I want to make the final video kind of funny. For example, maybe when the button says, “That was easy!” in the video, there will be a caption that says, “It was not!” I’m sure it will come to us as we go along, though. I thought it was very fun to build the actual machine. Since a lot of our original ideas didn’t actually work, we got to think and improvise a little as we went along. Since we are almost done, I think I can say that I really enjoyed this project.