Later I will be interviewing Wahiba Khabood, a woman who fled the Syrian civil war and ran to the UK. I know Wahiba because she lived with my family for almost six months, not in scarsdale, but in London.She has a very interesting story from what I know of her and I am exciting to interview her because she has a backstory full of action.
I will be interviewing her on the phone and will record the whole conversation. Here are the questions I will be asking Wahiba:
- Where did you come from originally?
- Why did you have to leave your country?
- Why did you choose to come to the UK?
- Can you describe what it was like living during the civil war?
- What were your thoughts and feelings when you had to leave your family/country behind?
- Could you describe the process of coming to the UK?
- Did you ever encounter any smugglers during your journey?
- Who was the first person that you met when you immigrated?
- Did you know any English before you came?
- Where did you go when you first came to the UK?
- What were your thoughts and feeling when you crossed the border?
- What countries did you go though to get to England?
- How has the violence going on in your country had an impact on your life?
- What were the toughest challenges that you faced concerning the new language?
- When were you most scared during your journey?
Wahiba’s story is important because she’s a refugee and has been through so much trauma and hardships just to get to UK, another democracy like ours in the US.