Rocket 2

We launched our first rocket that only went surprisingly 96 feat. How and why didn’t it go higher? It felt like it went a hundred or higher. But after taking notes and notices with my group right after the launch. We made another slideshow in which we typed what we got and what the other groups got. 

Then we put in our first design, and then on a google drawing our next design. And of course, someone kept on deleting and copying and pasting the rocket. Someone else kept goofing off and someone at least tried to work on the rocket with me. The nose cone (that  would not work well) had a LOT of holes that no one bothered to fix. Which is why it went 90 feet only. I hope rocket three will go really high.

Designing/building Rocket 3

Now on our third rocket design, we agreed to make the nose cone a bit longer. We made our body with grey tape this time, then we chose green as our body color. A  weird combination but it didn’t matter. After, I made the nose cone very tall. Then I tried to carefully put the tape on all around the cone. Eventually there was only a small hole left at the tip. But when you looked at it from the bottom there is no hole.

After we hot glued the fins on. Though it was uneven again. After I tried to make a sorta big lightning bolt. But instead I  made a VERY small lightning bolt to tape on our rocket. But then I wondered when we would launch our rocket, every day feels windy. But I hope that this time, our rocket will go HIGHER than 100. Last time it went 90, then 96.

Rocketry Process

In this unit, we made and studied about rockets. We started with a slideshow, and made our own rocket designs, then we typed in information about our final rocket and the materials we would and used to make our final rocket (which was a fail when launched).

We printed everything in the slideshow we had made. And glued them onto our Inspiration board. Our inspiration board showed each of our rockets, and our group name. After, they were put in the hallway that lead to the 5th grade wing with the other groups.

Then we started to make our final rocket design in reality, which took a lot of arguing and time. I hope we can do the rest of the unit better.