Imagine that you live on an island far away. There are no rules, no laws, and no government. There is no one to tell you what to do. Answer the following questions. Be prepared to share your ideas with our class.
- Would anyone have the right to govern you? Would you have the right to govern anyone else?Why?
- Would you have any rights? What might they be?
- What might people who were smarter or stronger than others try to do? Why?
- What might people who were not as smart as others or who were weaker than others try to do? Why?
- What might life be like for you, your family and everyone else in a state of nature?