Greenacres, I will miss you! As everyone knows, this is the end of the year. That means all fifth graders are ready to move on to SMS. There’ll be a moving up ceremony on 6/14/2018, and a fifth grade party the week after. I know that everyone in fifth grade will miss GA, but is excited to move on as well. I just hope that some fourth graders will still hold up the media club. I hope that I can visit GA whenever I have time. GA has been almost like a second home to me for all of the six years I’ve been here. I hope that in 60 years media club will still be going on.
Calling all fifth graders in Ms. Cooper’s class last year! Tomorrow Thursday, May 31st) we are having a reunion during lunch/recess! Please come if you were in her class last year! See you there!
Here are our top 50 movies and TV shows!
- IT- a great horror movie!
- Happy Death Day- another amazing horror movie!
- The Incredibles- a classic!
- Stranger Things- my personal favorite!
- Riverdale- an amazing thriller, definitely recommend!
- Why Him?- a comedy classic!
- The Greatest Showman- LOVE IT!
- High School Musical- everyone’s childhood go-to movie!
- Harry Potter- one of my faves!
- A Wrinkle In Time
Yay! There are no more state tests for the rest of the year.
Fifth graders will never take an elementary state test again!
The third, fourth and fifth graders across the state have been taking state tests. Back in April, they took the ELA test for two days and in May they took the math test that was also two days. The fourth grade still has two days of science coming but the third and fifth grades are done, for the year at least.
SUMMER! Ahhh, just that word makes me happy. What are you doing over the Summer? A lot of kids go to sleepaway camp, including me. Some people go on exotic vacations, like Bora Bora or Paris. It seems so cool! Summer is awesome. Relaxing in a pool, on a floatie, sipping a daiquiri. I can’t wait until Summer!
Dear fourth graders,
We would like to know that the Media Club (the makers behind the Greenacres Grooves) is needing new members. As you know the only members in the Media Club are fifth graders. This means that we’ll be graduating very soon. So, we want to recruit some fourth graders. This May we’ll start having some sessions with fourth graders. So, be ready to start blogging!
-A fifth grade student in the Media Club
Fill out this survey to tell us about your summer plans:
Spring break is only a few days away.
It starts on Friday March 30, 2018.
There is no school for a week and one day. Some people are going away on vacation. You might be going to a cold place to ski or snowboard, to a warm place to go to the beach, or to visit some family. Also, you might be staying home for the break. During this spring break Passover and Easter will take place.
Have a fun spring break!!!
See if you can answer 7 Incredibly Creative Riddles.
- I am the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation, and I surround every place. What am I?
The letter e. End, timE, spacE, Every placE
- What always runs, but never walks, often murmurs, never talks, has a bed, but never sleeps, has a mouth but never eats?
- I never was, am always to be. No one ever saw me, nor ever will. And yet I am the confidence of all, to live and breathe on this terrestrial ball. What am I?
Tomorrow or the future.
- At night they come without being fetched. By day they are lost without being stolen. What are they?
- What is in seasons, seconds, centuries and minutes, but not in decades, years or days?
The letter ‘n’.
- The more you have of it, the less you see. What is it?
- What has a head, a tail, is brown, and has no legs?
For more riddles, check out this site where I found these:
The Zany Olympics is a tradition for the fifth grade at Greenacres school. Parents split the fifth grade into two groups and the kids will try to complete obstacle courses and various events that are fun, exciting, and entertaining.
Spring Break is finally here. Well in a few days anyway. So everyone is ready to have fun and celebrate!
I celebrate Easter, and a common tradition is an Easter Egg Hunt. I don’t know about you, but I always strive to beat my sister by getting more eggs. One year, my cousin took pity on me and was showing me a few places that he found, but don’t tell my sister that. Some other ways we do it are by dyeing eggs, and trading candy. Happy Holidays!
In the comments section you can share the ways you celebrate too. Please do!
Here is a Greenacres survey! Have fun!
Everyone loves the high school carnival each year!
Posters have been popping up around Greenacres.
What’s not to love? There are rides, good food, and it’s a good way to chill in the evening!
Hope to see you all there!
Friday & Saturday – April 13th & 14th
Who do you guys want to win the national championship? Vote down below!