In this blog post, my group is creating rocket three in rocketry. My group really hopes that we do better than we did last time. This time the parents are coming to watch us.
We changed the nose cone. It expanded. We changed it because last time we changed the fins and wanted to change the nose cone, so now it is time to.
My group named our rocket, “The Green Dart of Death.” We named it that because the body color is green. I kind of like the name. We try to always be creative about our names.
I am very excited about launching in front of parents! I really hope we do well. Our knowledge has grown during the process of rocketry and we are used to the preparation. I believe we will win!
___________________________________________________________________________Launching and Graphing:
This blog post is about rocket launch #3 as you can see in the title. Since it was my group’s third time launching, we were more aware one what to do and how to do it. I was really excited about it! Now I will tell the story.
At our third launch, I was the countdown master. I was really happy. My group was really happy. We were finally successful! Our rocket went 119 meters. We came second to last place. At least we didn’t come last place.
Honestly, I was stressed out about being a clinometer reader. The parents are here. What if I mess up? Those were some of the thoughts going through my head.
The parents were all very amused by all of our rocket launches. That was the last rocket launch. I was happy for no clinometer readings anymore but also sad. I was sad to stop the process of rocketry. I loved rocketry so far and I wish we would do it again!
This blog post is about rocket launch #2 as you can see in the title. Since it was the second time launching and graphing, we were more sensible about what to do. I was really excited about it! Now I will tell the story.
At our second launch, I was the pumping person. I wanted to be the countdown master. My group thinks that our rocket went really high. Unfortunately, the clinometer readers said that it wasn’t 50 meters. It went a little bit higher than our first one according to them. Our rocket came last place again. Personally, I think ours went the highest.
I really disliked being a clinometer reader. I got scared of what the possible outcomes were if I got the reading wrong. Our rocket went 96 feet. Six more than last time. For rocket three, my team will be changing the nose cone. We want it to be more stable.
I really liked the experience of rocketry and creating rockets. The main point was collaborating with teammates and building rockets that will be successful. I loved rocketry!
We started a science unit called Rocketry. We are learning about Rockets. We created one rocket already. It went 90 feet. We are on rocket two now.
My group decided to change the fins on our Rocket. We learned that the fins should have a long length. It affects the drag. We hope that our rocket is successful.
Our teacher said that we could only change one thing about our rocket. The thing we would change about our rocket was our fins. We expanded the fins and leveled them higher.
I think we did pretty well on collaboration. We all had a part in the rocket, and no one was not included. I think the only challenging part of the building is the building. It wasn’t that hard because we had great collaboration together!
Overall I enjoyed the process of creating our rocket. I really hope that we will have a third launch! I am excited about what place we might get on the class leaderboard.