Amazing! I finished every single one of my switches. Surprisingly, only one came out to match my vivid thoughts. I deeloped my first Idea over a course of a few days. There would be a wheel that turned a central axis that in turn turned a flap to come in contact with some aluminum that finally would activate the battery. After a few troubles with hot glue (ouch), the switch finally turned into what I dreamed it to be! Okay, here is when it gets wierd. I planned for my second switch to invovle a lever pushing another lever down to a bed of tinfoil, closing the switch. Here is a picture of this:
It actually became the reverse of what I planned it to become. Instead of appying force to the back lever, the switch was repurposed to push the front lever in opposite motion. It was not what I intended, but it worked. The last switch would take a lot of explaining, so I will do that in another post.
At long last, we are learning about soldering. Solddering= Basically hot glue with molten metal instead. You can use tis technique to glue different parts of circuits together while still being conductive. When constructing a circuit, using hot glue will stop the flow of electrons through the circuit. When you do this, the circuit is no longer closed, so it will not work. On Monday, we will actually start using this incredible machine. I have this great idea for a switch that I can’t wait to make a reality.
Today was circuit day! We started learning about batteries, multimeters and the flow of electrons. First of all, batteries contain two cores. The inner core and the outer core. the inner core contains zinc with added electrons, while the outer core contains positively charged copper, or copper with removed electrons. When you connect the two ends with a conductive material, the electrons from the zinc start flowing to the copper, creating electricity. You should never connect the top end and the bottom end, for the electrons flow out of control. This can potentially spark and ignite. We learned all of this today! Tomorrow, we will finally be creating these circuits!