This week we have started designing and making our Autamata. So far we I created a scetch of what I wanted ours to look like, and we have cut the cardboard into multiple pieces for us to use. We have also started forming our boxes. We cut the four corner pieces and hot glued them into each of there corners. This part was very tricky because the cardboard was not sticking on. We also measured the place our wooden stick is going to go with a ruler. Then we made two holes an put the wooden stick into the holes. Next we made a 1in by 1in box and hot glued it to the end of the wooden stick, this helps the motion going. Tomorrow I am going to start making the cam. I can’t wait to see the end result!
I just told you about how I made my digram for my flashlight! Now i’ll tell you how I built my flashlight. First I cut my pipe. It was really scary! I had to line up my pipe with the saw machine, and make sure my pipe didn’t move while I sawed it. Next I drew holed in my pipe for the switch, and another hole in one of my caps where the light bulb will go. I had to measure the exact spot where the holes went according to my diagram. After that I sauterd. I was super scared, but it turned out to be so much fun. At last I put together my flashlight, and everything fit perfectly, I was able to decorate!
I finished my flashlight! I’ll tell you about how I made my diagram. First we took a special type of grid paper. I drew my first cap first. It was really hard. I had to line up all of lines and measure the cap. Each square in the grid was 0.5 inches long. Then I drew my long pipe and I had to draw the overlap with the pipe and cap. Next I drew my other cap on the other side of the pipe. Once I was done with that I had to draw a line to indicate how long my pipe was. After that I drew the spots where my light bulb, switch, and battery were going to go. Finally I included all of the tools I needed to make my flashlight.
Today in class we made a breadboard. First we had to take the breadboard and measure which side on the light went longer. The longer side went of the positive side of the breadboard and the smaller side went on the negative side on the breadboard. We attached the light with smaller wires. At the end we attached our switches to the bread boards and they worked! Play the game was so fun!
I am almost done with my soter person! All I have left is to soter. First we cut the wire into two parts, one big piece and one small. We took the long piece and bent in half and made a circle for the head. We had to twist one of the wires around the other one. That part was super hard and confusing. Next I bent the legs so that they could stand up by itself. I also bent the arms in a way that looked like they were doing the way. I am scared and excited to soter, and I hope everything goes alright!
So far I have made 2 switches for my car game. I have tested them and they worked! I am making up my own third switch. There’s going to be a cardboard base and two cardboards walls on each side. A straw is going to go through the cardboard walls. I may make one end of the straw aluminum and one of the walls aluminum and somehow make them touch each other, but I’m deciding along the way. I thought this project was going to be hard and no fun, but it’s so much fun and involves a lot of creativity!
Today we started making our “self driving cars.” I decided for my first switch to make something like a swing, but not exactly. I decided that on the bottom to make a straw, and cut a hole through the swing. When you mull down on the swing it will go through the straw. I am going to make my second switch simple and like a see saw. I think I’m going to make my third switch something similar to my second switch, but somehow different. I think self driving cars are so cool and have a large chance of being used everyday in the future. This project is so cool and a smart way to see how self driving cars actually work.
Today in class we learned how to light up a light bulb. We used three wires, a switch, a battery, and a light bulb. First we had to attach one wire to the light bulb, next we attached that wire to the switch. The we attached one of the wires from the battery onto the light bulb. Last we attached the last wire on the battery to the switch. Yay! A light appeared! This project helped me see how to create light and I really enjoyed it!
Did you know that self parking cars have been invented? People thought by now we would have self driving cars, but obviously they were wrong. In the article I read I read that self parking cars are able to determine if your car can fit in a spot. Self driving cars also fit the cars into spots that drivers never could have parked in. Self parking cars can stop a lot of accidents, and could be safer for drivers who aren’t skilled at parking.
This week Mrs. Mor came into out class for human rights day. She loves to make jewelry, and she wanted to save animals especially elephants. She found a way do both. People are killing elephants for their tusks to make jewelry. There are seeds on trees that have the same material as elephants tusks. Instead of killing elephants you can just take the seeds and make the same jewelry! She is so creative and her jewelry was so cool and pretty.