E-Learning Tuesday June 2nd
I hope you enjoyed the Wellness Day yesterday and enjoyed getting caught up with all of your other teachers.
Today’s zoom sessions are:
9:30 am zoom packing session – come hang out with me while I pack up the classroom – I sent the link to you via email
1:00pm zoom with MrCasal – this is not optional. He will be reviewing Adobe Video for a project related to your fantasy stories.
2:30 Library broadcast zoom with MsSorensen
Planner’s ready? Let’s get started…
MATH: Line Plots
- Watch this tutorial to learn more about how to take data and present it in another graph called a line plot.
- Make sure you watch the entire tutorial from beginning to end, as you will be instructed on how to create a line plot and what is expected of you for your independent task.
- Complete workbook page 146
Line Plot Tutorial with Mrs. Luciano
Copy and Paste Option: Workbook page 146
Print Option: Workbook page 146
Have fun exploring some different sites to reinforce your understanding of line plots:
Practice IXL: U: Data and Graphs: #9-11
WRITING: Writing an Introduction
Third graders this is important work! The introduction grabs the reader’s attention and gets them interested in your story. Watch the introductory video CAREFULLY then review the slides to take a closer look at the many ways you can choose from to try your hand at writing your introduction.
- Watch the introductory video
- Review the slides and choose at least 3 ways to write an introduction – try it out.
- Post your final choice to See Saw and tell us about your process.
Imaginative Narrative #7 Video
Imaginative Narrative #7 Slides
SOCIAL STUDIES: Staten Island
Today you will be continuing your tour of New York City. Next stop, Staten Island!
- Watch the lesson video to get a sneak peek into this borough with an interesting history.
- Staten Island Lesson Video with Mrs. Mangan
- Be sure to watch the additional two videos provided to see beautiful aerial footage of the island and some fun landmarks to check out the next time you are there.
- Complete the Seesaw assignment. Be sure to use information from the lesson as well as the two videos in your answers.
Space X Launch:
Bonus: See Think Wonder to Print
Go to SeeSaw to complete the activity there if you choose not to print it out
WORDS THEIR WAY: Due Friday
And to help you stay organized:
**BY THE END OF THE DAY, I MUST HAVE COMPLETED…***
- ELA – Book Club
- Read assigned agreed-upon amount of your fantasy book
- Complete a bingo board activity
- Present it on Seesaw
- Writing – Imaginative Narrative #7
- Watch the tutorial
- Write your fantasy introduction
- Upload it to seesaw (under the activities tab)
- Watch tutorial
- Complete workbook page 146
- Access the links (Line Plot Balloon Pop, Khan Academy, and IXL) to reinforce your learning
- Social Studies
- Watch the tutorial and additional two videos
- Complete the seesaw activity assigned to you
- Words Their Way
- Begin working on the assignments for your spelling sort
- Just for fun
- Go back and revisit Virtual Classroom (Social Studies Folder) – continue to explore various links you didn’t get to on Friday
- Watch the SpaceX shuttle launch from this past weekend
- Complete the See, Think, Wonder Seesaw Activity
Have a great morning!